Looping and Mute Audio Hot-Keys

Not working…

Hi Flavio:
I have discovered an issue in the latest builds of v6.0.2 …

They may have been there for some time… However, I thought I would post the issues to see if some of the other guys have the same issues on their setups…

It might be nice to have the ESC. key make the audio “MUTE” when it’s pushed…

The other request is… I don’t see a Keyboard Hot-Key for the looping feature… If there could be one created It might be nice to By-Pass the Hi-Lite command to create the Looping… Then … If it could be setup, … By Hi-Lite’ing an area of the Track/Timeline The Looping would then Loop that area as a Normal command…

Some more detail to expand the request could follow… if it is required…

Bill…

I’m not sure if this is also about the Mute part command not working or not… If the Q shortcut doesn’t work make sure that the “Keyboard mixer” option is off in the Settings/Keyboard menu.
The ESC - “Transport/Mute All output” command actually mutes only MIDI output. It’s not a bug but the name is indeed misleading. The mute all output is useful for MIDI as sometimes a note of a synthesizer-like instrument can be left dangling and could go on forever, the “Mute all output” command sends a note-off signal for each MIDI note so that synths stop emitting sounds until a new MIDI key is pressed/played.
For the ESC command to work for audio it could be a little trickier. It could stop playback but then audio output could still continue if Live is on (which is also when speaker damaging feedback loops could occur, so that’s when a Mute command could be most useful).
If could mute all master channels, but then you would need to unmute them and people would invariably forgot that and complain that their songs no longer play. Perhaps stopping playback and turning off Live input processing is the best solution.

Looping portions of the whole song (as opposed to looping tracks or portions of tracks) is to be overhauled in v6.0.3 or .4. There should probably be loop markers so that the looping area can be set independently of the current selection.

Flavio.

Thank You Flavio and Gents:

I’m attempting to reply to this thread…
However, my browser quits (closes) and I have to re-open it…
I am unable to complete the reply I’d like to make…
Build 2416 is installed-and-working…

Maybe, it’ll work,(the Browser) later…
we’ll see…

The “ESC” key does work…
Well…
????
It’s something like the “Spacebar” key…
but…
not quite…

It could be something that could be built upon…
e.g.
Multiable areas of the timeline could be hi-lited and “Scanned” in pre-set sucession-or-a preset (programmed) order to compare various areas of the song, in the timeline…

A feature like this could have merrit in post production/editing…

I have to get going…
I’ll get back here later…

Bill…