Looping midi causes crash  6.0.8  2549

looping function causes crash

Just installed 2549 and I’m having a looping problem. If I highlight a section of a midi track and select the loop function, the section loops one and stops. After a couple of tries the program freezes and crashes.

Hi Trucker,
No prob with that in build 2548.

I’m running 2549, and have a short 40 second midi track.
If I highlight the entire track and set the loop selection button, it only plays it once
and if I deselect the entire track it then starts to play through it a second time.
But, if I only select part of the midi track, it will loop and loop without a problem.
bigroad, can you try to see if you can loop on a smaller part of the midi track?

I installed 2549 onto a second machine and the looping worked fine. I then unchecked the “Stop Song at End of Playback” in the prefs on the machine witth the problem and it all works fine now. I had a small two bar loop loaded so I think that the stop song feature conflicted with the loop feature.

Pincat. Same here. Hi Bigroad.
Looping!? I reckon Flavio has been giving the loop ‘thing’ a good coat of looking at.
He’ll sort it.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 23 2010, 5:26 PM)

Pincat. Same here. Hi Bigroad.
Looping!? I reckon Flavio has been giving the loop 'thing' a good coat of looking at.
He'll sort it.

File a bug report guys and Flavio will look at it.

PACO