Lost song / drum track thread

I lost track of a post where I said I’d do drums to make someone happy… that ring a bell with anyone. It was for one of the new folks… new as in this year??

:laugh: It was just a day or two ago

must have been a gravy OD… :laugh:

:laugh:
That's like being in the kitchin and askin yourself; "What in the h am i doin in here? Oh yea!"
Just eat take an aspirin, some garlic, some mixed vegetables and roll with it.
lol have to get some blood up to the old noggin. Or the young noggin to I guess if you've eaten to many pumpkin pies!
:laugh: How many fingers am I showin? "f"

I have a drum job for you, no hurry. Let me know when you have time for it and I’ll ship it to ya.
Why? Because! You do what you do, I do what I do.

It’ll be around wednesday Levi - got my editing paying job to do.

No hurry, there will be the usual pay.
Ok? I want you to put drums to an existing song if you care to.

Not a problem long as the bpm hold strong.

I’ve finally got things under control and started working some of those songs I wrote out on the road. So the first thing last night was trying to sink up to one of my road songs. Hey nTrack does that.
At times I’ve adjusted the bpm on the tool bar in nTrack and noticed no difference in the tracks speed or anything.
But out of curiosity last night I thought ‘maybe it works for midi’. Sure did! Was no problem matching.
Hmmm I’ll have to think about that song, 99% of my stuff is done to a click track. 1% of it in that song?
Hmmmm? Darn there is a middle part that’s a little eclectic. Maybe it’s not for you. I’ll check it. I hate teasin you like that :laugh:

If there’s enough room between guitar parts/sections of playing… you can easily put up a nice grid with the needed bpm and chop away and get it good. I’ve done that before with great results. Also meet in the middle stuff is hardly noticeable to most folks = where a lick may be off with the beat and you simply move the kick midi beat a hair to match. I really enjoy tinkering like that and pulling off a nice little un-noticed “fix”. You don’t have to pay me by the way… If you get a solid drum track it makes editing a lot of fun - does for me anyway.

Poppa? You sir, are a lousy capitalist! :p

D

This is a song that you’ve heard before, the kit doesn’t match the band.
This song should be fine.
Don’t worry D if he won’t except pay, he’ll get a donation via paypal

Naw someone reminded me today that time is money - I just said, "Cool, I’m a freakin’ millionaire!"

I just love it when people look at me like I’m an idiot!

I followed that statement with, "Don’t worry 'bout me. It takes an incredible amount of intelligence to act this stupid."

He just walked away shaking his head. Mission accomplished.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 29 2009, 11:16 PM)

Naw someone reminded me today that time is money - I just said, "Cool, I'm a freakin' millionaire!"

I just love it when people look at me like I'm an idiot!

I followed that statement with, "Don't worry 'bout me. It takes an incredible amount of intelligence to act this stupid."

He just walked away shaking his head. Mission accomplished.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good one Poppa! :agree:

I’m having trouble finding the bpm on this song. It’s that song I did a few months ago featuring slide.
Delta blues electrified. I don’t know what to tell you at this point. I’ll let you know when I get it figured out.

Sorry Pops this one would be to much trouble for ya. I finally found the bpm but remember piece’mealing the drum part back then. So I’ll have to do extra work on it. Me being a blues nut, I stuffed my drum prog with blues beats. I’ve got more blues beats than you can shake a stick at, so I should probably work though the process of editing some good drum parts with the proper style. Event though I’d rather be pickin on my guitar!!! I’m in no hurry for this one so it will be time well spent as a side project.

Quote:

so I should probably work though the process of editing some good drum parts with the proper style.

:laugh: All the drummers out there are goin "ya think?"
:agree:

Na, just throw in any ol beat.
They are just beats, aaaone and aaaatwo and aaaathree and aaaa foooo Not!

yea - thanx - some folks just say What’s BPM? der…