LOST TRANSPIORT BAR

I lost the transport bar and it won’t toggle back on. Any suggestions on how to get it back without losing my other settings? I suspect it accidentally got slipped off screen or under another toolbar. If you minimize the timeline and list windows it still isn’t there. HELP!

Hi Steve Bell:
Go to the “dropdown menu” VIEW… there you will find Transport tool-bar… Hi-lite it … A check mark will appear… and so will the transport toolbar…

I hope this works for you…

Bill…

Thanks, Bill, but I had already tried that. I had somehow lost the sidebar that has the track name in it, and was trying to click and drag it back out – which I successfully did. But in the process the Transport bar seemed to kind-of slip under the timeline window. But when I closed the window it wasn’t there.
I tried a reinstall, but as long as I keep my old settings it is still gone. What I want to keep is my eq presets. I don’t know where they reside or where the toolbar configuration resides (what files).

Steve Bell:
It was only a week-or-two ago that I found I was unable to get the Windows menu toolbar to appear… I checked everything I could think of to see if I could fix it… The next thing for me to do would have been to “Revert-to-Default”… There is that option … to re-config. to default… But you loose all your “Workable Appearances”… A real drag…

However, I posted my issue up here, on this great Board… A reply came back and he fixed the oversight I could not find…

I know you’ll get it up-and-running…

That brings to mind…

I’m thinking it might be nice to approach Flavio to see how he might “Code” in a Config. folder. Then Config. settings could be “Named-and-Saved”… Something like Saving “Skins”… I find there are times that you don’t need the n-track Desk to have and show all the features we request… appear on the Desk…

Could it be that naming-and-saving Config. settings might help, with an issue such as this?

I’m just thinking out loud… :O ???

Bill…

I just checked. There is an nTrack config file in Documents and Settings, whatever, application data, n-Track Studio. The vst, eq and config files are separate. I’ll carefully consider it first, but my other settings are pretty easy to restore (sound cards, working directory, wave edit path, etc.)
I think you could move the vst and eq settings files out, reinstall with defaults, and move the eq and vst settings files back in with the older settings.
Before I do it I’m going to make sure there’s nothing else I could lose, but the other settings like for compression, etc. are easy to restore.

Is it possible that you inadvertently drug the Transport under the Windows taskbar?
You can check this by right clicking the Windows taskbar > select Properties > place a check in the option to “Auto-hide the taskbar” > click OK

Another option, if your monitor supports it, would be to increase your screen resolution. This could show where the Transport has been hiding in the event it had been drug out of the viewable screen area of the current resolution.

Same thing happened to me earlier this year. I had to reinstall the program.

They say… sometimes it’s easier to go find some young kid to find it for you… It saves you all that re-install issue… :O :laugh:

Bill…