M-Audio 2496 Audiphile help please!!!

Cry for help.
I have recently installed an Audiophile 2496. I also installed the drivers from the CD. I already have a Creative Sounblaster Platinum Live.
I then updated my ntrack from Version 4 to the latest with 24 bit etc.
I route all sound through a Soundcraft Compact 4.
PC is reasonable spec - certainly capable.
I can play music and hear through my monitors no problems. BUT -when I try to input say a drum machine or guitar I get no sound. The soundcard settings on recording say 'There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, then click add hardware.'
I am out of depth and have no idea how to correct the problem.
It all worked fine with V4 and the old Creative card.

PLEASE HELP

You did make all the correct settings in n-Tracks preferences? Did you even get that far?

<!–QuoteBegin>

'There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, then click add hardware.'

When exactly does this message appear? As soon as you attempt to Record Arm a track or when you actually press “Record” on the transport bar?

D

Thanks for the reply.
The message appears when I go to settings>soundcard>record.

ntrack will record as normal but record nothing if you get what I mean.
Nothing registers in the record meter when I have say a drum machine playing through ntrack. However, it is routed through my monitors so it is obviously going through the soundcard

Need more info Crazy…you’re not tellin’ enough!

You using both cards? Just 1? Que?
16 bit? 24?
Is the m-audio mixer setup correctly?
In n-track are you ASIO, WDM, MME?
IS the drum machine producing midi? audio?

Input mas info amigo!

KingFish

Guys.
Thanks for the help/time etc. However, I have discovered the fault. Predictably it lies with me!! I had simply not turned up the record level on the Soundcraft Compact 4. DOH!!!
I will try and redeem myself by asking a suitably more intelligent question next time. I bow out for the moment with my head hanged in shame.

Happens to everybody sooner or later… :)

Glad you are up and running!

D