M-Audio Fastrack question

recording keyboard track

Here’s the deal. I insert a drum wav file as my “Track 1”. Now I want to add some real synth. I plug my Korg M-1 into my M-Audio Fastrack. Everything is set up to record. (I’m not recording MIDI because I want the sound actual sound from the output of the Korg, so the N-track is set up to record Audio). My drivers are ASIO for record, and ASIO for playback.

When I record my keyboard track “Track 2” I hear the keyboards as I’m recording the track, but during playback the drum track has replicated itself in Track 2.

Help !

Joe,

I would carefully check the Input, Output and Monitor routings in the M-Audio mixer/driver applet. That is the most likely source of this type of problem. Best of luck.

TrackGrrrl

Quote (joe-kelly @ Mar. 16 2005,20:40)
Here's the deal. I insert a drum wav file as my "Track 1". Now I want to add some real synth. I plug my Korg M-1 into my M-Audio Fastrack. Everything is set up to record. (I'm not recording MIDI because I want the sound actual sound from the output of the Korg, so the N-track is set up to record Audio). My drivers are ASIO for record, and ASIO for playback.

When I record my keyboard track "Track 2" I hear the keyboards as I'm recording the track, but during playback the drum track has replicated itself in Track 2.

Help !

Sounds like a recording control problem to me.
I've had a simular sounding problem.
Here's how I fixed it.

Veiw>soundcard mixer> Line in.(check)

For some reason, everytime I re-install windows it snaps back to it's resets, and it ends up recording the frist track to tthe second.

Hope that helped.
Sometimes something like this fixes itself, sometimes you have to tootle around a bit.

jerm