m-audio trigger finger as control surface?

hi guys, i recently purchased an electronic drum kit to replace the midi controller i was using… now, the midi controller is of no use as a drum programming tool… however, it (m-audio trigger finger) has four sliders, 12 knobs, and 16 pads… my hope is that i will be able to use it as a controller for n-track for simple operations like start/stop/record, etc… however, whenever i connect it, it controls my drum head… i have just ordered a book on midi in hopes of getting up to speed… have any of you guys used such a device as a controller for n-track?..

thanks!
isaac

My guess is that both the Trigger Finger and the drum head are using the same MIDI channel. Maybe CH10 (GM spec)? Assuming everything is connected to the same MIDI chain.

I just got one of these myself and can’t figure out how to get it to play a softsynth or sampleplayer, like BFD. I need to spend some quality time with this thing. :D

Rick

i am actually going to ebay this thing (m-audio trigger finger), unless someone here wants a good deal on it… i could never get it to work properly with my setup… however, i suspect that it would be very useful for the musician who actually know how to use it! :)

isaac