MAC ?

and Ntrack

DOes anyone know off hand if Ntrack works with MAC computers/OS. ?

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

If I read the post on Flavio planning page - A Mac version is due before too long

A Mac version is in the works.

PACO

That would be cool,

the reason I ask is because so far I am not all that impressed with firewire cards on laptops and Mac has 6pin firewire integrated in their laptops.
There are only a few other brands/models of Windows based laptops that have this.

keep shinin

I have not looked at the Mac - but a word of causion: If it is the small 4 pin plug like comes on some PC you will end up getting a a cardbus card to give you the larger 6 wire plug - those small ones come lose far to easily and can ruin a recording!

Quote: (bax3 @ Dec. 26 2009, 6:48 PM)

I have not looked at the Mac - but a word of causion:
If it is the small 4 pin plug like comes on some PC you will end up getting a a cardbus card to give you the larger 6 wire plug - those small ones come lose far to easily and can ruin a recording!

YEs you are right about that, I used the 4 pin before.

The Laptops I am looking at all have 6pin.

so far I found the IBM ThinkPad X30, and HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition.

OF course many or most of the MACs have had this for years since they own the technology.

keep shinin

Mac, eh? Found some money tree seeds? :D

:laugh: Hehehehe..
:p I hear you Bubbagump:

We'll have to expand our knowledge into learning how to grow trees from seeds and then underdtand grafting and all to get the right currencies, to grow..
Greenbacks,loonies,pounds, and all..

I see the Mac Laptops out there but nobody spends much time looking at them after they check the prices..

Bill..
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 27 2009, 12:06 AM)

Mac, eh? Found some money tree seeds? :D

JUst weighing out my options...

I can acquire a used MAC in decent shape for what I would pay for an equivalent new PC (when I say equivalent I mean having integrated firewire 6pin as well)

PS, it's not as though I have a money tree, although I am doing well, I am just trying to get out of the habit of buying cheap gear just to get by and then having to buy more gear later....if I am going to invest I don't mind saving and getting something good that will do the job the first time, the cost is the same as having to buy two products that do not perform the task.

keep shinin

Are you married to the interface? If not and you are talking “two used items that work”, I would just go back to the drawing board. Mac simply means money and incompatibility.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Dec. 27 2009, 11:55 AM)

Are you married to the interface? If not and you are talking "two used items that work", I would just go back to the drawing board. Mac simply means money and incompatibility.

I appreciate the advice Bubba,

MAC really is not an option right now since Ntrack does support it as of yet, and it does sound like more headaches as I read the support forums...when it comes to audio programs and hardware/drivers.

To answer the other question, yes at this time I am married to the interface, the mackie ONYX1620, having invested a good deal of money into it and all the various cables and such for utilizing it both in the studio and live on stage.

keep shinin

I found a money tree. But I have brown thumb, so all I got from it was Canadian money.

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Dec. 27 2009, 4:46 PM)

Are you married to the interface? If not and you are talking "two used items that work", I would just go back to the drawing board. Mac simply means money and incompatibility.

... yes at this time I am married to the interface, the mackie ONYX1620, having invested a good deal of money into it and all the various cables and such for utilizing it both in the studio and live on stage...

That's a very nice wife you got there - but you already knew that, didn't you? :)

'til next time;
tony w
Quote: (wynot @ Dec. 28 2009, 9:03 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Dec. 27 2009, 4:46 PM)

... yes at this time I am married to the interface, the mackie ONYX1620, having invested a good deal of money into it and all the various cables and such for utilizing it both in the studio and live on stage...

That's a very nice wife you got there - but you already knew that, didn't you?
:)

'til next time;
tony w

No complaints as of yet, she's a butte....but it is early on in the marriage....anyway I suppose I said my vows so for better or for worse it is, just enjoying the honeymoon right now.
:D

I am considering adopting to ADAT step children to add to the family....

keep shinin

PS…where’s the “w” for the 2? (little side joke for the grammar police)

ANywho, check out the custom case I built for it…

In the second shot you may notice the rack spaces that were integrated into the case, this was done to avoid the stiff neck the sound guy often gets when having to look to the right at the rack of end processing units.
The RANE compressor/crossover and master stereo EQ units are now directly below the mixer so he can adjust them during performance without having to take his eyes off the mixer.
:)

This is what it looks like from the back closed:

with the back little access panel like a lumberjacks PJ’s…all closed up and ready to go!

keep shinin

UPdate I may go with the TabletKiosk Sahara Slate PC i412T.

It seems to have what I need. :agree:

keep shinin

You do know you can install Windows on a Mac? don't cha?

keep shinin

Jeremy, did you notice that TabletKiosk has a Celeron processor? I won’t use any DAW less than a dual core processor.

Paul