Make sure you USA guys go VOTE!

not that it make much difference…

Get out and vote! I did my civic duty before work this morning. In the pouring rain… Ah well… at least nobody was shooting at me!

D

PS FYI for Soul-man… I ended up voting about half Dem and half Repub. Might have been more Dem if somebody had run against the Repub. Buncha un-contested positions here…

Lots of uncontested here too. (Heck, in that case I am half tempted to put my name on the ballot. I would be a swell judge/auditor/county dog walker)) I voted in the AM before work. I have been fending off DoS attacks all day as we host a few campagin sites. Sigh. No one can play fair any more.

If you think about it, it’s the folks that don’t vote that make the biggest difference, and that’s not in a good way.

Don’t vote… you can’t complain. I see it as earning my right to bitch.

Polls opened at 7:00, we were there at 7:45. :)

I was looking for the straight “vote-the-bums-out” party ticket option, but couldn’t find it. So I voted according to the candidates positions ont he issues and their hair. I hope that’s OK?

Done!! Even convinced my wife to break (her) party ranks and vote her pocketbook rather than her emotions! Woo hoo!

<!–QuoteBegin>

I would be a swell judge

Not me. They would not be able to build jails fast enough… GUILTY! Cast iron alibi? Screw it… GUILTY! He thought about doing it! :D

D
Quote (clark_griswold @ Nov. 07 2006,15:02)
Done!! Even convinced my wife to break (her) party ranks and vote her pocketbook rather than her emotions! Woo hoo!

Clark, Clark, Clark... money isn't everything. Although it is tough to make the ol' mortgage payment with an emotional fit!

I usually reserve the emotional fits for paying the d#$n INSURANCE premiums! (frickem-frackem sheisters! SOB's oughta be hanged...)

D

No no no, you have it all wrong. It is about the under the table pay offs. Sheesh, don’t you know nuthin bout politikin?

Sigh… I guess I’m just destined to die poor… :( I can’t even cheat when I’m a poltician… what’s this world coming to?

D

I didn’t even know pocket books could run for office. :D

Seriously, how in the world do you manage to do that anymore? Either party can’t wait to milk you of every doallar you have. One side loves corporate welfare, the other… regular old welfare. Screwed either way. So where would you rather your money go? Failing air lines and a mucked up war? Or crack heads and malpractice lawyers? In any event, someone’s brother is getting a contract somewhere to build a bridge to no where. Both sides want beuracracy and waste. They just have different pet projects to funnel your money to. Taxes never go down, they just get rearranged because if you cut spending anywhere, you end up labeled as hating old people, children, the military, jobs of the people in the beurocracy, puppies, etc.

<!–QuoteBegin>

In any event, someone’s brother is getting a contract somewhere to build a bridge to no where.

Yep. One Democrat dick-weed I voted AGAINST is a TWENTY-FOUR year Senator. Guy started out with barely a pot to piss in and now he’s a millionaire several times over with five construction companies. Guess what companies get all the choice state contracts? Hmmm… ??? TERM LIMITS!! NOW!! :angry:

D
Quote (Diogenes @ Nov. 07 2006,16:01)
Yep. One Democrat dick-weed I voted AGAINST

And that is too bad. I mentioned to Kristi the other night that I couldn't wait to see one candidate lose in our state.... not that I was for the other guy, just against his opponent. I have voted against folks in elections in recent memory and not FOR anyone.
Quote (Bubbagump @ Nov. 07 2006,15:49)

I didn't even know pocket books could run for office. :D

Seriously, how in the world do you manage to do that anymore? Either party can't wait to milk you of every doallar you have. One side loves corporate welfare, the other... regular old welfare. Screwed either way. So where would you rather your money go? Failing air lines and a mucked up war? Or crack heads and malpractice lawyers? In any event, someone's brother is getting a contract somewhere to build a bridge to no where. Both sides want beuracracy and waste. They just have different pet projects to funnel your money to. Taxes never go down, they just get rearranged because if you cut spending anywhere, you end up labeled as hating old people, children, the military, jobs of the people in the beurocracy, puppies, etc.

Bubba,

No argument with what you are saying...

I guess, and this is MY opinion, I would rather support the corp welfare...at least they(in some cases...) create jobs?

You are right, either way we are screwed.

I HATE TAXES IN EVERY WAY!!!!!!

Just got home from voting, and to avoid prejudice I voted alphabetically.

Might be interesting having a South African “earth pig” as governor. :D

So I go to the polls this morning and find that for some reason, I am not listed among the eligible voters. They do not have me registered. Funny thing is I have voted this same place twice before (last two elections) and I was registered and voted both times. And my wife is listed as a registered voter. So the lady hands me a registration form and says,"sorry, you need to fill this out and maybe next time you can vote…). Of course I am thinking “WHAT THE FU…!!!” Deep breath… I start to leave and one of the voting “judges?” asks me “What’s wrong” I tell him and he takes me back in to get a “provisional” ballot. So the same old woman who sent me packing is now being asked to give ma a provisional ballot for me to vote with and she is obviously not happy about it. She points and tells me to go and wait “over there”. I walk over to where she was pointing and a short 15 minutes later she comes over to me with some forms. Before I can even start to fill out the forms, she says, “I am supposted to inform you that these provisional votes might not count at all”. I asked why and she shrugged and said, “that is what we are told to tell people who want to fill out these provisional votes”.

So I fill out the forms and she says, “Now fold it and put it into this envelope”. While filling out the form, I had noticed that in the directions it clearly stated that “the ballot is not to be folded”. I point this out to her and she says, “How are we to put it into the envelope it is supposed to go into?”. All I can think at that moment is, "Dam_ lawyers!"

So I do my best to not fold this ballot and to put it into the envelope. ???

And I leave with the phone number of the local county voting bureau (which has been busy all day).

In addition, I over heard at least 3 people having the exact same trouble as I while I was there.

:angry:

I voted this morning at 8AM. Tonight I’ll be sitting back hopefully watching the Democrat’s rise to power again.

My pocket book & emotions are not mutually exclusive. I want some fiscal constraint but with real compassion. The Democrats offer that for me.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Nov. 07 2006,17:04)
I voted this morning at 8AM. Tonight I'll be sitting back hopefully watching the Democrat's rise to power again.

My pocket book & emotions are not mutually exclusive. I want some fiscal constraint but with real compassion. The Democrats offer that for me.

AKA The Decline of Western Civilization?

Just pulling your chain man...I voted for a Dem today.

compassion is overated

who’s compassion is helping me?

anyone? Buehler?