MAKING HEADLINES

Spreader and Levi bust headlines

I’m lovin this song, great vocals!
MAKING HEADLINES

Interesting note.
On the guitar there is a sour note at 44 and then again at the end of the song where I copied that part to make the ending.
You know I’ve dubbed in a clean note there and it plays fine in my studio after remastering.
But as soon as I upload it, zap the sour note surfaces.
Not at all nice.
But it doesn’t really take away from the song so I’m not going to worry about it.
Like Knopfler says; "their just a bunch of tunes: or something like that. :agree: Great song Craig!

Nice song guys. I like what I think is Levi’s “why” @ 1:06.
Interesting how you can hear your two distinct styles in one song. It’s like someone shot a spreader song into a levi tune with a high velocity song-fusion-gun.
:laugh:

Quote: (GeoffO @ Aug. 26 2009, 8:58 PM)

Interesting how you can hear your two distinct styles in one song. It's like someone shot a spreader song into a levi tune with a high velocity song-fusion-gun.
:laugh:

That's a nice description of the flavors going on in the song..
GeoffO..
The two energy styles mix well, as the tracks backs the lyrics..
:agree:

Bill..

dude! you got peanut butter in the chocolate!

Excellent VOX there CraigerSpread!

The rest… meh… needs work. Drums are too busy most of the time. The bass and guitar are not cohesive… in other words; it rambles all over the place.

IMO, YMMV etc… but hey, what do I know?

D

Hey Levi this has a cool sound, but it might be a little more cohesive if you brought the bass and guitar more towards the center. And where is your VOX? You should try doin some Vox that sits under Craigs, even if you just repeat a line back at him. Your 2 voices will make an interesting mix… like that Bing Crosby/David Bowie thing.

This sounds like the same mix you sent to me the other day. I’ll echo what I said and it seems others hear it too, but you have to work on the panning. It is all over the place and makes it hard to listen to. Additially, go back and work on the drums. I am not going to comment on performance, only the mix… but the drums have cymbals that jump up and smack you, panning floats all over. I think this is a matter of going back to basics.

^^^^

:)

D

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Aug. 27 2009, 9:05 AM)

but the drums have cymbals that jump up and smack you, panning floats all over. I think this is a matter of going back to basics.

Sorry Bubba but it's not the same mix. As a mixmaster producer I would have expected you to catch that. Thx for you feedback! :agree:
Quote: (duffman @ Aug. 27 2009, 4:33 AM)

Hey Levi this has a cool sound, but it might be a little more cohesive if you brought the bass and guitar more towards the center. And where is your VOX? You should try doin some Vox that sits under Craigs, even if you just repeat a line back at him. Your 2 voices will make an interesting mix..... like that Bing Crosby/David Bowie thing.

Thx Duff! Wouldn't it be a little easier if you just moved your speekers a little closer together? :laugh: Thx Duff! I like the name "Ching Crosby"! Sounds positive!
My vox? Didn't any of me with Craig there.
Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 27 2009, 3:19 PM)

Sorry Bubba but it's not the same mix.
As a mixmaster producer I would have expected you to catch that. Thx for you feedback!

Same problems exist though...

Craig, don’t worry buddy all comments add up.
I’ll fix some things as time permits, you know me always fiddling with the songs.
I’m in agreement with most of what has been pointed out, thoughts that I already had. I thought it was close and
Craig wanted to let y’all hear it so I uploaded this version, it’s a beta.
Would love to tell you about the perfect mix’s that where lost when for no reason at all ntrack freezes as I’m saveing to do a mixdown, reopend to find tracks missing.
I like y’all and there is a lot about ntrack that I like
but I’ve have about enough of lossing days and hours because of nTrack suprises.

Here is a personal comment I received last night in my myspace inbox.
From Bluesy Red.
She put you in great company, her home page features the likes of “BB King” “Koko Tayler” “Buddy Guy” “Albert King” just to name a few.
She knows her blues and comments from her arn’t easy to come by.
"Bluesy Red 15 hours ago;
“You should be making headlines with that awesome tune… Great song!!!”

Quote:

I've have about enough of lossing days and hours because of nTrack suprises.

I know how you feel...

D

Biting tongue…

I’ve tried to figure out how a stereo drum track could get tampered with on one side only and I think it must be due to me normalizing a mono vocal track.
I suppose that’s possible!
With an unnoticed highlight across more than one track.
As far as the moving drums, I’ve fixed most of that although there is still a little in the song.
And I have to admit I like it for adding life to the song or that particular moment of a section.

Otherwise how would a drum hit in a sterio track be lowered on one side and not the other without you intentionally ding it?
:)
I record everything in stereo except my vocals.
So I suppose it’s also possible that a note from the bass track was to hot on one side and I normalized that note on the one side and didn’t see the highlight across the drum track because I was zoomed in.
Causing the drum track to adjust on one side.
BUT not that much, there was a lot of drums out of wack that way and the bass or guitar were both recorded at about -8.
Of course fixing all of that took more time away from the actual dedicated work.
We have a good song here.
A few adjustments here and there and alls well.

Sorry Levi but honestly it’s kind of a mess. don’t torque off Bubba like that - he’ll never say another word to ya!

I’m not torqued… I was biting my tongue on the whole crashing deal. I know how to fix it… but it isn’t a popular solution round these here parts. And Poppa, I haven’t forgotten Yadda Yadda… you are right… I never forget.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 27 2009, 5:26 PM)

Sorry Levi but honestly it's kind of a mess. don't torque off Bubba like that - he'll never say another word to ya!

Torque off bubba? Don't know what your talking about...
I've already told bubba in an email that I like the drums moving around. That's my preference, my arrangement. I might use some of that Craig seems to like it to. Bubba is biting his toung about the ntrack issues that I mentioned not because of anything I said to him.