MAKING HEADLINES

For that particular performance I agree - the imaging made aural sense. I remember it well.

Quote:

Anything, and I mean anything, that distracts from "the song" will get an immediate click on the stop button and the song will not get listened to at all. Industry standards are industry standards for a reason.

Exactery gwasshoppa... das' whut I been a sayin' knowattamean?

AR people get hit with a bazillion tunes a day. They spend about 30 seconds or less deciding whether they want to continue listening or not. If in the first 10 seconds they hear something "out there" or distracting, *STOP* > *EJECT* > *DING* in the circular file #13 it goes...

D

Been there done that, I’ll take fan comments any day :)

I can dig that Levi… But you said you were shipping this off to Taxi right? Taxi == AR people != “Fans”. BIG difference bro’… :)

D

I didn’t ship it, Craig did.
I had no idea that he was planing on doing that when I was mixin it, it wouldn’t have made any difference anyway.
Besides it’s pop’s fault :laugh: It could be totally perfect and still get a bad reply from those people.
It all depends on what they are looking for at the time.
I’ll still take the fan comments any day, I’m really not interested in going in debt to the music industry any time soon.
Imagine passing on Jimi Hendrix!
That happened.

You might find this interesting or can relate to this; to further my point, there is a method to my madness.
I’m uploading songs for comments and reaction.
It’s a little process I’ve had going on for the past few months.
Like a little running survey.
What gets the best comments makes it onto the final playlist, store, or CD.
I think in time this might pay off, so for an indie outfit I’m liking the fan response as apposed to the AR brush off because they are looking for something else.
This way I’m moving forward and shaping my songs to please.
That also includes your comments because y’all represent the pros opinion, ok you don’t have established big names but you are pros in your approach and your all smart guys.
But I’m not ready to panic and run to put the bass centered, but it’s an option I’ll consider.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 01 2009, 12:15 PM)

keep me out of this one......... :laugh:

one comment I would like to make from a former publisher's viewpoint. Anything, and I mean anything, that distracts from "the song" will get an immediate click on the stop button and the song will not get listened to at all. Industry standards are industry standards for a reason. Mixing demos and mixing artists bees 2 different things.

Carry on.................

I've been in deep conversation with a major publicist about this very subject. It's true even more so today probably. They want a quality demo. That happens, most mixes from the nTrack bunch are quality.
They don't want to hear guitars out of tune. That was my focal point when I brought this very point up a while back. And I brought it up to try to help. There should be no out of tune guitars in tuning or scale in any of the demos. But I doubt very seriously if they are going to worry to much about where the bass is paned. I'm all for Craig shippin that to Taxi as is.

Dude, you’ve talked yourself into it. No need to try to convince anybody else… :)

D

Just clearing the slate, thx for your support

So Graham Nash is frontman for ZZ Top now? :laugh:

J/K guys, really good tune! :agree:

Quote: (Yaz @ Sep. 04 2009, 6:50 AM)

So Graham Nash is frontman for ZZ Top now?
:laugh:

J/K guys, really good tune!
:agree:

Thx yaz! You know I like Graham Nash, cool mellow singer. But I think Craig is much better, plus Craig's got spirit and soul. I like both Ange and Craig better. But I hear ya, dissimilarity in styles! I think Craig could sing anything if he tried.

If I could only write a song as cool as "She's Got Legs"! Remember, this was Craig's song, my wild interpretation of the music only. :D

I like the song and I think it’s pretty impressive that spreadie has managed to ‘dirty it up’ to make something that I didn’t think could possibly gel…work! (peanutbutter and chocolate mmmmmmm) IMO I do think the two styles have come together quite nicely and I do like the arrangement even if it is a bit fussy in places.

Well done chaps :)

xx

Quote: (ange @ Sep. 25 2009, 3:37 AM)

I like the song and I think it's pretty impressive that spreadie has managed to 'dirty it up' to make something that I didn't think could possibly gel...work! (peanutbutter and chocolate
mmmmmmm) IMO I do think the two styles have come together quite nicely and I do like the arrangement even if it is a bit fussy in places.

Well done chaps :)

xx

Thanks for taking a listen and the nice comment Angie! :D