Making it clear...

A perspective on objectivity?

I just want to make sure I have this straight… 250 Swift Boat Veterans who try to tell what they saw and lived through are liars and vicious partisians and not worthy of attention.

Marion Knox, who tries to tell what she saw and remembers, gets a spot on “60 Minutes” to tell her story because a set of blatently and sloppily forged documents used in a previous segment comes to the nation’s attention. Two thumbs up! She’s a WINNER! Oh - and the forgeries are irrelevent because Ms. Knox says the information they contain is an accurate reflection of what she remembers.

The logical twist here is stunning. It is now quite obviously OK to forge documentation as long as you have some way of demonstrating that the information they contain might be accurate. This has some profound implications for the Clinton Administration, whose mantra was:

“I don’t believe you will find any evidence of that.”

Yes - they are worthy of attention, but you have to look at their motives which are to get even with Kerry. If they really had something then they are worth some attention but when I looked all I saw was vendetta.

I agree that the Press hasn’t seem to give their book the attention that it hasn’t given Kitty Kelly for example (although I may have missed it). That is wrong IMO. If NBC is going to have Kitty on, then they need to have the Swift boot officer on.

I think you’ll say CBS has the same type of agenda, i.e., to get Bush, but I just don’t beleive that.

Yes - they are worthy of attention, but you have to look at their motives which are to get even with Kerry. If they really had something then they are worth some attention but when I looked all I saw was vendetta.

And vendetta is what Rather is all about. Yes, I'm going to say it, and I'm going to say that your analysis for yourself of the evidence at hand is just fine - until you try to convince ME with it. You have your reasons, and you have no need to justify them until you try to convince others of it. Give up on that side of it, Mike, and it will all pass by the wayside. I DARE you to spend a week watching or listening to CBS news and noting the positive stories about Kerry and the Kerry soundbites versus the positive stories about Bush - and the opposite, the negative. I do this daily on a CBS news subsidiary during my drive time. I know what I hear.

I don’t watch Dan Rather because I’ve never really liked him. I’ve always called him “Dan Doom”. He may have really screwed up this time.