Making Sense.

First tune done with real drums using the Glyn Johns method.
Comments appreciated!!

‘Making Sense’…

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11350329

Glyn Johns method is kind great… mix in some close mics if you really want to bring toms and such forward for a more “modern” sound. But yeah, sounds like drums.

:agree: :agree: :agree:
:agree:

Sounds great to me, but I always get caught up thinking, this guy’s voice is just so good… :)

:;):

Awesome…Yup Awesome.

PACO

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 09 2012, 4:56 PM)

Sounds great to me, but I always get caught up thinking, this guy's voice is just so good...

:)

I've said it before...

"If I could sing like Craig, I'd be RICH!"

KW

Thanks guys.
Feedback/listens always appreciated :agree:

I really like the 50/60’s rock ‘n’ roll stuff like this! My only suggestions would be to add some slapback delay on the vocal and maybe a little something on the guitars as well. Think of what Phil Spector might have done (to make it a little more “authentic” sounding. I could also hear some nice ohhh/ahhhs on the last verse. Also, maybe bring up the piano a little bit on chorus (or bridge - whereever it was). Oh wait - a sax would sound really nice too (shut up now Mike :slight_smile:

Thanks Mike!
Some very cool suggestions there.

Only reason I didn’t bring up the piano is because its a little out of time in places… ???

HI CRAIG…LINNER HERE, MATE !!
I’VE JUST COME FROM SOUNDCLICK AND LISTENING TO YOUR SONGS…WOW, YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL VOICE !!
YOUR VERSION OF “IN MY LIFE” WAS LIKE DEJA VU…YOU SOUND JUST LIKE PAUL (it was him that sang that, wasn’t it ?) :)

THEN ALONG CAME “UP THE LAZY RIVER”…WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT THAT YOU TOOK ME FOR A BEAUTIFUL STROLL, CRAIG.
IT WAS JUST LUVVERLY !!
:D

I MAY NOT KNOW MUCH, BUT MY IMPRESSION WAS THAT YOU NEED TO SING LOUDER, OR LESSEN THE VOLUME ON YOUR TRACKS SO THAT YOUR VOICE STANDS OUT MORE.
IT’S TOO GOOD TO HIDE BEHIND ALL THE MUSIC, LAD !!
I GAVE YOU A “4” ON WHAT I LISTENED TO UP UNTIL “IN MY LIFE” AND “UP THE LAZY RIVER”…IN THOSE YOU GOT A “HIGH 5” FROM ME !! WONDERFUL TALENT YOU HAVE…

LINNER
:love:

Thank you so much Linner!!

I tend to mix my songs with vox a little quiet because I think they sound ‘karaoke’ if the vox is louder…

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 22 2012, 6:14 PM)

Thank you so much Linner!!

I tend to mix my songs with vox a little quiet because I think they sound 'karaoke' if the vox is louder....

:agree:

OH GOOD GRIEF…HERE WE GO…ANOTHER CHANCE TO HAVE A GIGGLE ON LINNER !! :laugh:

CRAIG, WHAT IS A VOX :p

:laugh:
'Vox' is just short hand for 'vocals'.

Just one more thing Linner....
Hit your 'caps lock' button, because in internet speak it means you're SHOUTING ALL THE TIME!!
:)

ATTENTION ALL FORUM FOLK…I’M 64, WEAR GLASSES TO READ MY SCREEN, AM HALF DEAF AND NEED TO USE ALL CAPS SO I CAN SEE WHAT THE HECK I’M TYPING.

ASIDE FROM ALL THAT STUFF, I’M IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE
:p

OKAY, CRAIG…THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON VOX, BUT I AM STILL OF THE OPINION THAT YOUR VOICE SHOULD BE LOUDER.
I MAY BE HALF DEEEEF, BUT I HAVE A VOLUME CONTROL ON MY PC.
:p

AS FOR KARAOKE, I GUESS IT’S YOUR OWN PERSONAL THING THERE, BUT I’VE HEARD KARAOKE, AND YOU DON’T SOUND ANYWHERE NEAR THAT, AYTALL (na na na na naaa naaa).

OH, AND MY MUM ALWAYS SAID THAT IF YOU’RE PREGGERS AND CARRYING HIGH, IT’S A BOY…LOW AND IT’S A GIRL.
OF COURSE, AT THIS POINT IT’S PROBABLY LOW !!

AND THAT’S IT FER NOW FROM LINNER… :D

Linda - “In My Life” was John’s song and he sang it. There is some dispute on Paul’s part of this song - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_My_Life and I suppose it is possible that McCartney wrote the music but we’ll never know for sure.