MAN IN THE MIDDLE

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION

BCC Is the name of the band Joe Bonnamassa on guitar and Jason Bonham on drums…just learning about the singer/bass player but he’s got 'it’
THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE is the song (adding this with an iPhone soooo)
Go to this link and scroll down to the vid with an image of hands on a keyboard and check out this release; something is saying destined for history.
What cha think?
http://m.facebook.com/?w2m&_r…8163209

Glen Hughes, now I get it. That cat is only four yrs younger than me and that’s great to see!

Derek Sherrinian playing keys has been around the block a few times too.
with vanhalen, kiss to name a couple. Great sound but I’m a little curious about the band name…

Link is weird.

Yeah - it’s a facebook link via mobile - completely inaccessible to those of us who eschew facebook.

I’m sure that you will hear it soon enough or If ya like search on YouTube for it
BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION ‘The Middle Man’

Nah, that’s too much work for me. :laugh:

Black country is a nickname given to the English west midlands in 1840 because of sutt comming from heavy industry in that area.

Jason Bonham is as solid and fluid as his dad. This is a powerful band

Their band link on YouTube it’s about the 7th vid. This version showing a guy in a convertable
http://m.youtube.com/index?d…mmunion

Glen Hughes as in Deep Purple. Gotta be good then. Will go listen.

Ya that’s him… Hearing them do ‘Mistreated’ it self is worth the price of admission

I follow Joe on twitter and Facebook and remember him talking about flying to wales ??? or somewhere to record this stuff. Only took them a week or so. Now they r starting to tour.

Quote: (Levi @ Jun. 06 2011, 8:55 PM)

Ya that's him.. Hearing them do 'Mistreated' it self is worth the price of admission

I thought Hughes was the biggest part of Deep Purple's downfall. He tried to bring an element of funk into the band that didn't sit well with Blackmore. Coverdale sung 'Mistreated' on the 'Burn' album, I'm not sure I wanna here Hughes do it.

Jason Bonham is great though!

The vocal I’m hearing today from Hughes is the same vocal I heard on Mistreated in the 70’s = g r e a t blues. I didn’t hear to much funk but am just learning about them. Great band, there is no telling how long they will stay together. Joe Bonamassa doesn’t need this but seems to like it.

Here’s a PC link to “Black Country Communion”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy6WLBvBXaI

Sounds like a LZ tribute band. :)

:laugh:
Quote: (Levi @ Jun. 07 2011, 4:21 PM)

The vocal I'm hearing today from Hughes is the same vocal I heard on Mistreated in the 70's = g r e a t blues.
I didn't hear to much funk but am just learning about them.
Great band, there is no telling how long they will stay together.
Joe Bonamassa doesn't need this but seems to like it.

Nope......the one in the 70s was David Coverdale on lead vocals with Hughes doing just a little backing vox at the end. The album "Burn" was pretty good in truth.

That’s ok with me I wasn’t much of a RB or DP fan. :)) lov this band though.

the west midlands… birmingham etc is the birthplace of heavy metal black sabbath judas priest etc i spose the black country is sort of the holy land for metal? i dont like this band tho talk about cliched! 40 year old riffs played by 50 year olds for 60 year olds… sorry no offence meant !