MarkA

I just saw the news

Mark, I have left messages on other boards in hopes that you will respond.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Steve

Quote: (duffman @ Feb. 23 2011, 2:00 AM)

Mark, I have left messages on other boards in hopes that you will respond.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Steve

Thank you. We are not directly affected but being such a small country everybody knows someone who lives in the area. Lots of friends making frantic calls yesterday.

Of course once the immediate tragedy is over this will rumble on (pun not intended) in our economy for some time.

Mark

Glad to hear you are OK. :agree:

Naughty planet. Glad you’re ok, Mark.

We are getting lots of detail regarding the quake… The CBC is reporting this for most of the day…
:)
Stay healthy and well, Mark A…

:)
:agree:
The news clips I’ve seen look pretty gruesome…

Bill…

Thanks guys. Hearing lots of scary sounding eye-witness reports on the radio and TV. Just ordinary people like you and I suddenly faced with this.

The only positive thing I’ve heard so far this morning is that the number of casualties being reported last night is actually much less, but even 35 people is people whose mum/dad/uncle/son/daughter/spouse/etc who won’t be coming home.

Appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

Quote: (Mark A @ Feb. 22 2011, 4:44 PM)

Thanks guys.
Hearing lots of scary sounding eye-witness reports on the radio and TV.
Just ordinary people like you and I suddenly faced with this.

The only positive thing I've heard so far this morning is that the number of casualties being reported last night is actually much less, but even 35 people is people whose mum/dad/uncle/son/daughter/spouse/etc who won't be coming home.

Appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

:agree: :agree:

Just got back from Oman and saw this. Glad you're safe Mark. The world is a scary place!

The Canadian Experts tried to describe what is going on…
They did quite well at getting this out to the Canadian people…

The Islands of New Zealand are on two different Earth Plates…
The North Island is on a Pacific Plate and the South Island is on the Asian Plate…
One is slipping under the other…
Other areas of the planet to pay attention to are the West coast of North America
and the area surrounding Japan, among other places on the earth…

I wonder if the Sun Spots and Solar Flares could be contributing to this ????

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Feb. 23 2011, 6:34 AM)

I wonder if the Sun Spots and Solar Flares could be contributing to this ????

Bill..

Or SUVs, or de-forestation, or Cows breaking wind :) Or maybe Mother earth is just saying I've had enough of you buggers! :)