Mastering offer

Need material

Hey, I am a few weeks away from the studio opening. I want to get a web site rolling and part of this will be drumming up the mastering side. For that I want to get some before and afters. So, for I m soliciting some tracks to master. They will need to be good quality mixes and you will need to be able to submit them to me in a high res format. Drop me a line if you are interested. I won’t have capabilities to do this until mid-Sept, so I am just getting the ball rolling now.

Also, things that need to be mixed are welcome too.

Please don’t be offended if I tell you thanks but no thanks on some things as I am going to have to be very picky on what I take.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Aug. 21 2008, 3:22 PM)

Please don't be offended if I tell you thanks but no thanks on some things as I am going to have to be very picky on what I take.

Ha - that lets me out, folks! :D

Mucho good luck on the venture, Bubba. :agree:

I could mix a few tracks. :wink:

Dang Bubba… do you ever SLEEP??? Offering session drumming, mixing, mastering and you’re in what… FOUR bands??? My hat is off to you bud! :)

Lemme dig around a bit. I’d love for you to take a stab at some of my sons stuff. If I still have some their un-mastered stuff, I’ll send you an mp3 and you can see if you wanna crack at it. Their CD turned out okay but I believe a better mastering job could have made it shine. What they got was the typical “Slap an L2 on there and NAIL IT!” mastering job. Boooo…

D

I sleep… I just don’t f*** around when I am awake. Don’t forget my pro sound gigs too. :p

No over squash for me (unless they really want it… then I am happy to take the money and ruin it.) I am thinking about getting certified by these guys.

http://www.turnmeup.org/

My ultimate goal though is to get out of the computer biz and do this stuff full time. But, I gotta have the steady income in the mean time.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Aug. 21 2008, 4:18 PM)

I could mix a few tracks. ;)

Yeah, but there's no way you could duplicate my signature "spitting in a cardboard box" snare sound. I mean, that put me on the map, after all. :D
Quote:

I sleep... I just don't f*** around when I am awake

Wait til you have off spring... YOUR springs will come off... :laugh:

D
Quote: (TomS @ Aug. 21 2008, 8:55 PM)

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Aug. 21 2008, 4:18 PM)

I could mix a few tracks. ;)

Yeah, but there's no way you could duplicate my signature "spitting in a cardboard box" snare sound.
I mean, that put me on the map, after all.
:D

Oookay, suit yerself.

As for the offspring... fully aware of that... so me and the lady are trying to have things in line over the next 3 years or so for such things.

Bubba - if you’re still looking for material, I’d be happy to get you a song or two, if you like it. For the most part, I think my mixes are OK. Let me know.

Sure am, link me to MP3s if you don’t mind of what you would want worked on. Grazi!

Hrm, I figured I would get more interest in a free master offer… ah well.

Patience is a virtue Grasshopper… when you can snatch the… ah skip it… :p

D

Boot to the head reference I detect?

LOL… We wuv U Bubba… :laugh:

D

Patience… well, how long is that gonna take?

Hi Bubba,

I couldn’t get Tom’s original mix to get a comparison, and didn’t hear yours that well. I’m on the road (wireless), I’ll try again in a couple days.
Have come up with some cool stereo ideas for Rooster. As soon as I get my feet on the ground, I’m almost level with the ground. Man I keep hearing that kick drum in Ike Turners “Tore Down”. That is some extreme drumming. Blues wise. Check that out!

What are you charging to master a song? Or CD of 10 songs or so?

Session drummer? Can you play the Texas Shuffle?
Levi

Well, don’t use that thing as an example. I did a quick 10 second EQ on it. In reality in a mastering arena, I would have sent that mix back asking it it be tweaked before mastering. (Sorry Tom, you knwo I love you! In all seriousness, the song is superb.)

Texas shuffle, sho nuf.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Aug. 26 2008, 11:43 AM)

Well, don't use that thing as an example. I did a quick 10 second EQ on it. In reality in a mastering arena, I would have sent that mix back asking it it be tweaked before mastering. (Sorry Tom, you knwo I love you! In all seriousness, the song is superb.)

Texas shuffle, sho nuf.

:D Bubba, you are with out a doubt a work of art!
Hey man I like to hire and fire, so I won't be needing any freebies. And CD packages I'm not sure about the future of CDs anymore for my situation. Even though I do need to make a new run on my current CD pretty soon. I'll consider that.
But I'm always lookin to improve the sound. What are the chances of some 3 piece Hot Rod Blues tracks comin into your office and leaving a 5 piece boy band? lol :disagree: That would be a big no no for my style. Like your work, like you, like your drumming. So you can count on me for some stuff Bubba. As long as you can sign that guarantee!
Levi :)

Guarantee? Does this involve Robert Johnson?

:laugh: