Mastering?

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Nov. 18 2008, 7:16 PM)

Quote:

Looks like I ain't ever gonna get me a mastered sound without parting with big bucks!

Use of a double negative would improve this line for ya.

Looks like I ain't never gonna get me a mastered sound without parting with big bucks!

Keep reading and learning, master Craig. (pun intended - I'm just that sharp)

Actually . . .

"Looks like I ain't never gonna gets me a master-red sound unless I parts wif some big bucks or trade off a lil sanging.
But then agin ifn a bullfrog had wangs he woodnt bust his ass when he jumped."
Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Nov. 18 2008, 11:04 PM)

i don't watch those things.

Yeah...right!!

Mark thanks for that. Do you have to manually chop it all up again so you can have individual tracks on a cd?
Quote:

Actually . . .

I stand corrected.
Quote: (spreadercraig @ Nov. 18 2008, 7:10 PM)

Bubba...sorry you completely lost me in the first paragraph.. :laugh:
Looks like I ain't ever gonna get me a mastered sound without parting with big bucks!

I'll cut you a break.
Quote: (spreadercraig @ Nov. 19 2008, 1:29 PM)

Mark thanks for that. Do you have to manually chop it all up again so you can have individual tracks on a cd?

Yeah, I mixdown to one long track and then use Nero to burn - it allows you to add track markers along the waveform essentially chopping the one wav into lots of cd tracks.
Set the intersong gap to 0.
Our very own Willy did a tutorial on how to do it many years ago.
It must be around somewhere.

I'm sure there are others ways to do this too.
Quote: (Mark A @ Nov. 20 2008, 8:15 PM)

Our very own Willy did a tutorial on how to do it many years ago.
It must be around somewhere.

Found it:

http://audiominds.com/mastering/nero.php

Step 7 is the most important

Heh-heh… I remember that…

That was the “Willy is the best” album he mastered right? LOL… I miss Willy. The last I heard from him, he was a Reaper guy now… so he’s alright in my book. :p

D

Cool thanks.

Guess I need to get nero now. I uninstalled it from my laptop to make room…

Is there not a facility like this on N?

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Nov. 21 2008, 12:05 AM)

Is there not a facility like this on N?

Not that I'm aware of but I've not kept up with v6 much so I hope I'm wrong. It is in other DAW software that I've used.

At risk of keeping a thread going long after it should have slipped into the obscurity of page 2, I found an interesting text on mastering on Nik Kershaw’s web site (don’t ask).

Quote:

Have spent the day mastering the album. Well. . . To be exact, have spent the day thumbing through Subwoofer Monthly whilst a man, who can hear a flea blink at 400 paces, attempts to squeeze the last few drops of gold out of my precious recordings.

And here it is, in my hand: Four and a half years of blood, sweat and tears reduced to a few numbers burned onto a 5” plastic disc.

What's that all about?

I copied this from another post I made, just wanted to share it here under this topic with few additions.

Speaking of not being able to record at 24bit 96hz, I attempted this a while back with dismal results. With the new N-Track v6 and updated ASIO4ALL drivers and my new TonePort UX2, I’m suddenly able to set things up at this rate. Got my drums (Stand alone software) to function as well (successful test). I’m currently re-mastering my first album (Rivers of Hell) made in 2007 and plan to re-master my second album (Revolution), which I just finished this week. (“Oil Kings” will never be the same Poppa.) This thread on mastering was a REAL wake-up call for me. I really never actually knew how to do it because “I thought I was already doing it” but apparently not, “but I do now”. The OZONE mastering pdf on “how-to master” is a MAJOR turning point for me. The self sub-woofer calibration in that OZONE pfd is a real plus as well.

I will post up on my sound click page when both albums are done. :D

Many thanks for the OZONE Mastering link. A very good starting position for me. Great thread!! :)

PACO

Quote: (Dubious @ Nov. 20 2008, 3:21 PM)

Heh-heh... I remember that...

That was the "Willy is the best" album he mastered right? LOL... I miss Willy. The last I heard from him, he was a Reaper guy now... so he's alright in my book. :p

D

Cave canem!