Memphis this weekend.

:slight_smile:

So, here’s the food itinerary:

Dinner Friday:

http://www.kingspalacecafe.com/home.htm

Lunch Saturday: Windom Hot Wings 1492 Union Ave (no website)

Dinner Saturday:

http://www.thebutchershop.com/index.html

After dinner one of those days:

http://www.gordonbiersch.com/

Um, and some work in there somewhere.

Any n-Trackers in Memphis these days?

butchershop… mmm… I live in dallas (in Fort Worth, actually, which is like… oh, an example fails me. A more talented, less well-known sibling. The Luke to Dallas’s Owen Wilson. Or something). I’ve only been to the butchershop once, when I was a little kid. back then, they had a 32 oz. Prime Rib. One of the best prime ribs I ever ate. and we got a lowrey’s in dallas. drools

I am being a guide for tourists for 40 years as man and boy and I am telling you that there is no restaurants as you describe anywhere near Memphis.

I think someone is pulling at your leg.

But please to visit The Seckmet Cous Cous house for the finest meals you have been aware of. And please to being mention my name for free goat rissoles of great deliciousness.

Thanks for the tip, Ahmed! I didn’t mean the original Memphis, just the one in Tennesee, USA. :D

No, I am thinking we are talking about the same Memphis TomS, it is the one where Elvis of the Pelvis is buried.

He was kicked to death by a love struck camel in 1994 while walking home from Hamid’s Bar and Grill in Cairo.

He had just decided to reverse the sex change and return home in great glory to America, but the Gods decided otherwise.

"There’s a guy works down the Chip shop swears he’s Elvis. But he’s a liar and I’m not sure about you"

Kirsty MacColl. R.I.P

Quote (Guest @ Feb. 22 2007,03:05)
No, I am thinking we are talking about the same Memphis TomS, it is the one where Elvis of the Pelvis is buried.

He was kicked to death by a love struck camel in 1994 while walking home from Hamid's Bar and Grill in Cairo.

He had just decided to reverse the sex change and return home in great glory to America, but the Gods decided otherwise.

Dang, I didn't know that. Huh. That's the kind of stuff you don't hear on the package tour.

Still, I'm afraid that a future dinner will feature a steak so good it melts in your mouth like chocolate.

I'll be thinking of you guys.

:D

Kirsty MacColl is dead? Now that’s a real bummer, she was only a child. :(

I love Billy Bragg, but her version of New England has to be the definitive version of any of his songs.

Ah well, Paddy’s day will soon be upon us, so when the Fairytale of New York is sung, it’ll be time to drink to the memory of a very talented wee lass.

Doesn’t this make you f$^%ing angry! As always, now matter what sort of government, it’s one law for the rich and another for the poor. ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

On December 18, 2000, Kirsty and her sons went diving in Cozumel, in a specific diving area that watercraft were restricted from entering. With the group was a local veteran divemaster, Ivan Diaz. As the group was surfacing from a dive, a speeding powerboat entered the restricted area. MacColl saw the boat coming for her sons. Louis was not in the boat’s path, but Jamie was. She was able to push him out of the way (he sustained minor head and rib injuries) but in doing so, she was hit by the boat and killed instantly.

The boat involved in the accident was owned by Mexican supermarket millionaire Guillermo González Nova, who was on board with several members of his family. An employee of González Nova’s, boathand José Cen Yam, claimed to have been driving the boat at the time that the accident occurred. Several published reports have included accounts from eyewitnesses that have stated Cen Yam was not at the controls; eyewitnesses also indicate that the boat was travelling much faster than the speed of one knot that González Nova had claimed. Cen Yam was found guilty of culpable homicide and was sentenced to 2 years 10 months in prison. However, he was allowed under Mexican law to pay a punitive fine of 1034 pesos (about US$90) in lieu of the prison sentence. He was also ordered to pay approximately US $2150 in restitution to MacColl’s family, an amount based on his wages. Published reports have included statements from people who spoke to Cen Yam after the accident, claiming Cen Yam had received money for taking the blame for the incident.

Un fucking believable. :(

Business as usual.

OK, our flight was cancelled due to weather, but many connections later I made it home. Two things to report - Steve Cropper was at Stax when we went to visit, and the assistant engineer at Sun said that they had been offered big bucks for an impulse of the room there, and turned it down, and have a policy on it, etc.

Oh, and the steaks are still the best in the world.

And anyone who wants to go to King’s Palace and catch the zydecoi band there next weekend, let meknow. mmm…unbelievable ribs… :D

Sounds cool. I will be in Memphis on business for a few days in May. Ribs and Stax…Mmmmmmmmmmm

King’s Palace Restaurant on Beale. Get the ribs. Get them. Don’t not get them. :)

The Stax museum is really quite good.

Steve Cropper, oh yes!

Yeah, and there was no way I was going to go up to him and say, “wow, you are like rock star, man…” :D

'Cause we all know he is a soul star. :)