Microsoft and Bill Gates

Moving? What the?

This kind of crap drives me nuts! :disagree: Bill gates is moving Microsoft to Canada because there aren’t enough work vesas. Asaaaaahem, am I hearing things? A worker shortage in a country that is suffering from a bad economy and a job shortage? Not a worker shortage! Talk about a pathetic oxymoron!
Or is Bill Gates just a moron? Here again is a case of “no common sense”. What’s wrong with raising the pay scale to entice some talented workers from our own country? Talk about loosing the economic war. Man get real! Forbid if he should only get to paint his golden fence every other year!
I must be out of touch. Sheesh! <—spelled with a big bad capitol F!
Levibaby

Levi,

Either you are out of touch or I am (completely possible, by the way -
I mean me being out of touch) but the whole “Microsoft to Canada” thing - wasn’t that in - like - 2000 when Microsoft lost the anti-trust suit?

Well I walked past the tv fri and heard Lou Doubs getting into this topic. I thought gates was retired. But after hearing Lou Dobbs I got the feeling that the issue has been raised again. It’s probably me. I’ll let ya know.
Levi

Quote: (Levi @ Nov. 02 2008, 2:31 PM)

Bill gates is moving Microsoft to Canada because there aren't enough work vesas.

Not enough ISA or Micro Channel busses either I assume? AGP and PCIe is really the wave of the future.

Ugh… Micro Channel… bad memories… at least for the racket I work in. YUCK!

D

NO one got my joke. :(

Joke?

Micro Channel was nothing to joke about… :p

D

gagging, puking sounds

Double-dutch Bus?

passes out

Quote:

NO one got my joke. :(

There was a joke in there?

Bus
Buss
Buses
Busses

…I’m so confused…

Confused
Confussed

OK… I think I got that one.

Oh that joke. :p

Visa: an endorsement made on a passport by the proper authorities denoting that it has been examined and that the bearer may proceed

Vesa: an extension to the ISA standard that acted as a high-speed conduit for memory-mapped I/O and DMA

Such lack of nerdiness here.

VESA buss! Geez man… ain’t even crossed my mind in years!!

I humbly bow to the Great Nerdy One! Such a dubious distinction though Bubba… you may need to borrow my nick for a while… :p

D

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 04 2008, 10:47 AM)

Visa: an endorsement made on a passport by the proper authorities denoting that it has been examined and that the bearer may proceed

Vesa: an extension to the ISA standard that acted as a high-speed conduit for memory-mapped I/O and DMA

Such lack of nerdiness here.

:laugh: Sorry Bubba, I was a little passionate about the original sub.
I read your post but didn't have a clue what you where talking about. Just figured that you where drinking agan.
Quote: (Levi @ Nov. 04 2008, 12:39 PM)

Just figured that you where drinking agan.

Where were I drinking? Is you are the one who is where the drinking is? :)

I wish!