Midi Drums not visible

Midi Drums Note names

ver 7.0.3 64bit latest version Windows 8 Pro

When I choose General Midi Drums in the Note names selector at the piano Roll screen, then nothing is shown?
I can see Piano Notes (Show Piano, note numbers and note names, but not the drum names when I choose General Midi Drums, it use to work when i did run Win7 32bit
Pierre

Try assigning the track to channel 10.

The track is set to channel 10, and the midi drums do work perfectly sendind signal to my keyboard drum section, but the names of each drum part (kick, snare, high hat, cymbal, tom 1, tom 2 etc…) is not shown?
I can view the piano, notes and numbers, but the names of each induvidual drum item is not shown?

a corrupted file?

have you tried bringing other midi drum tracks into Ntrack and opening the piano roll?

could be a bug related to latest build also.

make sure it is happening with all midi drum tracks, not just that one. :agree:

Might be a bug. Normally, when Ch10 is selected, the keyboard in the pianoroll bears the drums/names. Will check later. Which n-T build you on - 3.0.7 _ _ _ _ ?

n-track is 7.0.3 build 3112 (18 dec 2013), but it is not this version causing the trouble, the issue started when I did upgrade from version 32bit to version 64bit, several version ago at Win7
I upgrade the Win7 to Win8 pro but that didnt remove the issue
Could it be a defect list of drum names in Win8/7 or where are these names listed?

Quote: (Pierre Schwartz @ Jan. 14 2014, 2:32 AM)

n-track is 7.0.3 build 3112 (18 dec 2013), but it is not this version causing the trouble, the issue started when I did upgrade from version 32bit to version 64bit, several version ago at Win7
I upgrade the Win7 to Win8 pro but that didnt remove the issue
Could it be a defect list of drum names in Win8/7 or where are these names listed?

Are you selecting "General MIDI drums" in the box that appears right clicking on the vertical piano on the left side of the piano roll window?
When you select "General MIDI drums", do the drum names appear in the box but not in the vertical piano, or they don't even appear in the box?
n-Track takes the names of notes from a file named "banks_default.txt" located in the program installation folder (usually C:\Program files

-Track
-Track Studio7). Make sure that the file is there. If it’s not try reinstalling n-Track. Also when you edit the instrument/note names set n-Track creates an user copy of the banks file in the user folder, normally located in C:\Users[your username]\App Data\Roaming
-Track Studio 7. If the banks.txt file is there try deleting or renaming it, as you may have inadvertently deleted note names banks or they may have got corrupted somehow.

Flavio.

Are you selecting “General MIDI drums” in the box that appears right clicking on the vertical piano on the left side of the piano roll window?
YES

When you select “General MIDI drums”, do the drum names appear in the box but not in the vertical piano, or they don’t even appear in the box?
THEY DO NOT APPEAR IN THE BOX AND NOT IN THE VERTICAL WINDOW EITHER

I Will try to re-install and replace the file later today, and i will let you know of teh result.
Thanks

Looks like I got two versions of n-track installed.
The file banks_default.txt is located at path (two different paths…?)
C:\Program Files (x86)
-Track
-Track Studio 7
and
C:\Program Files
-Track
-Track Studio 7
And at both paths it do contain (plus a lot more) these details:

[General MIDI Drums]
35=Acoustic Bass Drum
36=Bass Drum 1
37=Side Stick
38=Acoustic Snare
39=Hand Clap
40=Electric Snare
41=Low Floor Tom
42=Close Hi-Hat
43=High Floor Tom
44=Pedal Hi-Hat
45=Low Tom
46=Open Hi-Hat
47=Low-Mid Tom
48=Hi-Mid Tom
49=Crash Cymbal 1
50=High Tom
51=Ride Cymbal 1
52=Chinese Cymbal
53=Ride Bell
54=Tambourine
55=Splash Cymbal
56=Cowbell
57=Crash Cymbal 2
58=Vibraslap
59=Ride Cymbal 2
60=Hi Bongo
61=Low Bongo
62=Mute Hi Conga
63=Open Hi Conga
64=Low Conga
65=High Timbale
66=Low Timbale
67=High Agogo
68=Low Agogo
69=Cabasa
70=Maracas
71=Short Whistle
72=Long Whistle
73=Short Guiro
74=Long Guiro
75=Claves
76=Hi Wood Block
77=Low Wood Block
78=Mute Cuica
79=Open Cuica
80=Mute Triangle
81=Open Triangle

I have deleted both versions of the file “banks_default.txt”, un-installed both versions of n-track
I have now re-installed n-track version 7 from:
http://ntrack.com/downloadx64.php?platform64bit=yes

It does not help, I can still only see “Show Piano”, “Note Numbers” and “Note names"
The option “General MIDI Drums” is still empty in the “Note names” pop-up box and also in the left
´window” in Piano Roll (very wired)

?

Finally i solved the problem… her is the fix:

1. Load a midi track to n-tack
2. Right click on the track and select properties
3. In properties (at the right side of n-track) select button "Instrument"
4. Select the “edit” button
5. Select “import” button
6. Browse after file C:\Program Files
-Track
-Track Studio\banks_default.txt
7. Respons yes to all options as they appear one by one
8. Restart n-track and it is back to standard set up and will now show names of notes in the piano roll again (hurra)