Midi in aor out side of ntrack

Do most of you, do all of your midi work inside of n-track of do you use other programs like acid pro. The reason i ask if i got asid pro a wile back but never used it and now that im starting to use midi I was wondering if i should install it.also if some of you do use acid is there a forum like this out there for it.

Litmus

I do all my midi in N.
I usually use a midi keyboard or drum pad to record and then use the piano roll to edit.
Then I route the midi either back to my keyboard or to a VSTi.

All in N

Some people prefer to use other midi sequencers/editors, but N works fine for my simple needs (record and edit).

Rich

Quote (Litmus @ Mar. 30 2005,16:44)
Do most of you, do all of your midi work inside of n-track of do you use other programs like acid pro. The reason i ask if i got asid pro a wile back but never used it and now that im starting to use midi I was wondering if i should install it.also if some of you do use acid is there a forum like this out there for it.

Litmus

With the advents of VSTi, some midi things become more simple, and if you want do some drums or some auxiliary instruments, ntrack will be fine.
But if you will works extensively with midi, maybe you will prefer some other program, like cakewalk (can be an older version). See Staffs, cut and past midi clips easily, apply some midi fx, quantize, humanize, etc, are tasks that ntrack dont do or do less extinsevely than cakewalk (or any other)

An image to see what i talk:

i’m usin lotsa stuff n programs mate’’’‘blinkin good fer midi n scorin n editin is one i use frum pgmusic powertracks’’’‘bog cheap n a nice way o’ werkin fer bringin midi traks inta big N’’’ :D :D

Limey i have the hardest time understanding your post,but i haveto say i look forward to them there a plesure.

Thanx to everyone who takes the time to help me. Litmus

I’m using CubaseSE myself as a backup to N. Unlimited MIDI tracks, 48 audio tracks and a lot of great MIDI features.

Well worth $99.

I have Cubase LE which came free with the Tascam US-122 (along with Gigastudio 2.5, which has a super piano!). I find Cubase LE better than n-Track for MIDI stuff, which I am still learning, but for audio recording and mixing n-Track manages to combine power, flexibility and simplicity in a way that suits me better. Cubase and others I’ve tried are not so intuitive as n for audio, IMHO.

It takes time to understand what you really need from your DAW. After getting some pointers here you should try a few demos to see what you like.

I’m confident that for audio n-Track does almost everything anyone could could reasonable want, for a truly bargain price, but quite a few forum fellows here use other tools for MIDI.

It’s fun to enjoy the technology but music should be the goal. I have a friend who collects Leica and Rollei cameras and lenses, he has some wonderful equipment but almost never takes a picture with it. I’m sure there are people with ProTools and loads of gear that never use it or only toy with it. I admire those with the simplest, cheapest tools that manage to make good music. Some of the songs I’m most proud of were done on a Yamaha 4-track cassette, before I had a PC.

Happy tracking!
Cheers
TusterBuster