midi lag.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, people. Ok. I’ve got my main macine back and have been getting into n-T propper. I’ve spent the last few weeks reading about it and stabbing around with n on an old laptop. Thanks to you guys I got my head round nDrums and I’ve been happily doodling around with a simple beat and various plugins. “all righty, then”. ‘fun fun fun’!

Ok! Time to go for it and crack on with a bass line that’s been spinning in my head.

The first thing I did was to open n-TDrums without even giving it a midi track. Loaded the acoustic kit and funk style then opened a midi track and patched it to a bass plugin, hit record and played a few bars, stopped and saved as and spat out an mp3 just to check. Hoorah! It worked.

Feeling a bit more confident, I started a fresh. I set-up a channel for n-TD, dragged a pattern over, opened the piano roll, copied the measure and pasted a few. Then I re-recorded the bass just as before. This time, the drums and bass are out of sync with each other - why? I made sure that I snapped the drum pastes to grid and it’s the bass that’s lagging? Where am I going wrong? PS. This wouldn’t happen on my old Atari set-up.

Is that midi bass track or an audio track Tony?

midi bass.

What’s the sound source for the bass? If it’s a soft synth (non-vst) then it will have some latency.

Thanks, guys. It’s the VB1 vst.
Curiouser and curiouser?
I’ve just gone through it again from scratch - and this time it’s fine?