midi latency

Latency in my midi track

hi everyone

let me explain what’s going

im using a keyboard controller that has its own sounds which im using as my reference sound…meaning…i am not using the vsti sound to echo back since it just wastes cpu cycles

however…im discovering im still getting a slight latency when im “playing back the track” after i record my midi performances

so i always end up either re-aligning the midi track or manually quantizing altogether which waste precious “writing time”…and believe me…i have the attention span of a 3 year old when it comes to music making.

where can i fix this latency in the situation that im in.
remember…i dont need to playback the vsti sound as i play…just only when im recording which shouldnt have a problem with latency.

note: im using n-track 3

tia everyone

Hi aspiringWanderer:
I got into a “Latency Fix” a few years ago with v 3.0 or one of the version 3 series, I’m not sure of the build number…

It had nothing to do with anything in the MIDI domain, either. I was doing a project with the multi-track audio hardware I still have and use. All this Lexicon Core 32, stuff I have…

However, each track I added to the timeline produced a Latency of some milliseconds… I worked it out (latency per track) and then applied it (the number) to a combinsation window found in Settings>Preferences>Audio Devices>Advanced> You’ll see it…

Anyway, on later builds that Flavio posted, it was not a factor, and then I had to find a way to have my setup ignore the combinsation figure I placed in the window… I had an issue to remove the figure from my set-up…

There may have been another way to fix the latency, but however, it worked for me, and my setup… Mabey, the issue you are referring to is something quite different… But, it may very well be something for you to look into…

Bill…