Midi Outputs

I am using an Audy 2 ZS Platinum which has two midi outs, can I use them both at the same time (if so, how?) or do I have to use one or the other.

Paulie, you can use them at the same time. You can connect them for a number of things. If you had two midi keyboards they would be the slaves of your PCs MIDI software. If you had one keyboard and another PC, they would both be slaves. There are sound modules which are essentially the guts of a keyboard but without the keys. You can get them cheap on ebay. Almost anything with a MIDI in can be connected to something with a MIDI out.

Syn707,

Perhaps I didn’t explain myself very well. My card has two midi output ports MIDI OUT 1 and MIDI OUT 2. I wanted to send one track to MIDI 1 Channel 1 and another track to MIDI 2 channel 12 etc. I have since noticed that you can select multiple out devices in the Midi menu of Preferences. So I can use both MIDI out together as well as the Audigy’s synths (which is cool). Thanks for your time anyway. :)

Quote (Paulie @ Nov. 27 2004,13:24)
Syn707,

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. My card has two midi output ports MIDI OUT 1 and MIDI OUT 2. I wanted to send one track to MIDI 1 Channel 1 and another track to MIDI 2 channel 12 etc. I have since noticed that you can select multiple out devices in the Midi menu of Preferences. So I can use both MIDI out together as well as the Audigy's synths (which is cool). Thanks for your time anyway. :)

First go to "preferences>midi>devices" and select the two output midi devices you want (click them with the ctrl key down for multiple select) see in the order you select them, they will be numbered for ntrack.
now
go to the track properties of the MIDI track you want send to MIDI OUT 1. There you can choose the device and the channel, there are fields for select it.
The same with the second midi track.
You need something attached to your midi out ports to hear something (a module, a keyboard with onboard sounds etc)
hope understand you.
luck!

Got it working now, cheers guys. :D