midi piano roll

I’ve made some music using the piano roll for midi track. When the song /music comes to an end, the timeline line just keeps rolling on because my piano roll goes for 4 minutes even though the last music in that piano roll is at about 2 minutes - the whole song is 2 mins. How do I get the play to stop after there is no more music? It would be some trick in the piano roll because piano roll is what is making the play continue for 2 mins after my song is finished…Noel

Yeah, I never liked that default behavior either. Just go to File->Settings->Preferences, click on the Options tab, then select “Stop playback at end of song”.

Tony

In the timeline window drga the end of the midi track to the left so it brings the end of the cong forard to just after the last midi note.
I think you can do this (not at home PC right now)

If not check you don’t have any midi notes or events at the very end. Or just highlight the part of the midi track you want to remove in the timeline window and delete it.

Rich

If the light gray area in the timeline view extends past the last note, it’s because there are some MIDI events out there. You might want to find out what they were. Might be some inconsequential stuff, like noise on a mod wheel (alternating between 0 and 1, for example). You can use the event list to see what it is, or use the “select MIDI events to view” tool and select all the items and see what shows up in piano roll mode.

Quote (big bore @ Mar. 08 2005,22:54)
...the timeline line just keeps rolling on because my piano roll goes for 4 minutes even though the last music in that piano roll is at about 2 minutes...

Gah! Sorry bore, listen to Rich and Jeff, not me. The "piano roll goes for 4 minutes" part didn't register when I read your post last night. It does sound like possibly some other non-note data out there past 2 minutes.

Tony

OH - I forgot to add: it’s very easy to delete the excess MIDI data, just select the part to delete by dragging in the Timeline view, and then Control-X (Cut).