mixdown bummer

mixdown incomplete

when i mixdown i get a wave thats bout 10 seconds long and fades in volume,this is with build 2163 and now 2170,ive tried it a few times and always same ,went with new config also at install,not saving the old config,anyone else having this also?

Stupid question probably but you are selecting mix entire song aren’t you?

you nailed that one right on the head Barry,thanks man,i never knew that existed,:laugh: :p :D :laugh:

Doh! Glad there’s someone else as clueless as me! :O I nearly trashed nTrack when it kept happening to me.

been messin with ntrack since the 3.3 days,never have i ever had to go and adjust that,learn sumthin new all the time

The reason why it appeared was probably you had accidentally selected a section ever so small. I’ve done it when I double clicked on a wav file by accident. If n-Track recognizes that a section of something is selected, it defaults to filling in the “From” and “To” of the “Interval to Mixdown”. If nothing is selected, it defaults to “Entire Song”. That was a new feature way back at version 3.0 (and which prompted me to upgrade from 2.x).

Paul

Hi Gents:
There is something definitely not right with these latest builds, regarding the kind of editing I do using n-Track… I am editing this project in v5.0 and updated along -the-way and I’m working with v5.0.1 and the latest builds… I’m now at build 2170 and whatever issue is there has not gone away…

It seems that the rendering process will only allow a small portion of the total/entire file…

I used to be able to “Overwrite” a file/track but now I get an “ERROR” pop-up screen. n-Track is not allowing me to “Overwrite/Re-write” a .wav file/track… I used to be able to do “level Edits” using the “Normalize” utility… I used to be able to Hi-Lite an area of a track… Do-a-Scan… punch in a numerical number to either Left-or-right channel, or both Left-and-Right … Do the command> O.K. and the edit would be complete… That don’t work… NO MORE… Not on my set-up… If I want to do a “Save-As” I have to re-name the file… I can’t “Over-write” the file with the “Same Name”… Or else, an “Error Screen” will appear… and ask to remove the “Named File” from the folder…

I sent Flavio some Mail with a print-screen attachment describing the issue I have but NO-Return Mail… yet… I think He’s Outta-Town…

I’m thinking that some of these issues may very well be connected… I’d like to see him look into this for me… Cause I don’t use any other multi-track editor to do this type of editing…

Bill…

Bill…

I can only answer about one thing. When you ‘save as’ you HAVE to name it something else. If you want to overwrite the current saved version… use SAVE. It works this way with most programs. If you had been using ‘save as’ to overwrite the current version, then THAT was the error.

Hi michaelST:
Thank you for the nice reply you posted here… I think That may very well be the issue I have with some of the problems I have. When the “Creativity” is in the fore-front, technical aspects of creating files are something that one shouldn’t have to be concerned with…

I’m reading a reply from Flavio and a PM from Doc that “Points” to that very same resolve…

It’s humbling… to “NO-END”… :O ??? :( If that’s what my issue is… I’m gonna be looking for some “Crow” soup… ??? :(

If that Horse Fly is still on the back of my neck… can one of you remove it for me?

Bill…

I’ve pondered and struggled with this “partial mixdown if a portion of the file is highlighted” feature. It’s been around for sometime and it’s almost a bug.

Perhaps it would be better if the default was to mix down the whole file and the partial mixdown was an option regardless of whether a section of the file is highlighted.

Hi XonXoff:
I agree with your idea… Recently, and maybe back into v4 … sometime I’ll open the Pop-up screen when I do a mixdown/render I’ll check to see what button has the check-mark in it… Also, I’ll check the box to do the mixdown in whatever bit-rate I’m working with… instead of using the “Soundcard’s Settings”… I work between projects here… so I’ve paid the dues by not checking first… I think that’s some of the reasons I’d support a new/up-dated config. panel in n-Track’s mixdown/render abilities… All this tied in with some kind of auto re-naming feature when render’ing timeline files… IT would take some planing and organization, but “In-the-End” IT should also encompass the config. of “Settings>Paths>and Working Directories” I’d be a BIG supporter of improving n-Track’s behaviour in this department… I don’t use other Editors, so I don’t know their procedures when it comes to render’ing-and-mixdown…

All I know is… It’s a big distraction from the Creative Mode when you have to remove your mind from the Creative mode to think in technical terms…

Bill…

Quote (XonXoff @ Nov. 18 2006,05:36)
I've pondered and struggled with this "partial mixdown if a portion of the file is highlighted" feature. It's been around for sometime and it's almost a bug.

Perhaps it would be better if the default was to mix down the whole file and the partial mixdown was an option regardless of whether a section of the file is highlighted.

I do a lot of rendering of selected sections and would prefer it the way it is.

On the other hand, as Bill pointed out, it sometimes gets in the way of the creative mode. What n-Track needs to incorporate is an interface to that "USB 2.0 to the brain" that was discussed in another thread, so that n-Track would know exactly what we are thinking and adjust accordingly. Of course there would have to be some exemptions to that interface (politicians, lawyers, blondes...) :D

Paul

Hi Again:
If Flavio could make the features of this idea on a configurable menu, I believe it would serve all users of n-Track… It may require a change in the coding… I don’t think it would hurt the resource usage any…

Bill…