Mixdown

Can’t find the file

I downloaded the new 4.1 version of ntrack yesterday (9/17/05) and I am using Creative’s Audigy 2 soundcard. Everything seems to be working fine except when I am mixing a sond to a single .wav file. I am “mixing whike playing”. It appears to be going through the process as it always did but when I go to find the mixdown.wav file it is nowhere to be found. I think it may be in a setting somewhere but not surewhere. Can somebody help me?

When you do a mixdown the full path is displayed in the mixdown dialog before the mixdown is started – such as F:\music\deserted_01\deserted_05_mixdown01.wav. That should point you to past mixes if the same song file is opened.

Thanks for responding. I have been using Ntrack for nearly four years now and I am very familiar with the path in the dialog box. Something is acting very weird. Like I said it goes through the process of a mixdown and when I go to where it should be it just is not there. If you have any other ideas I would love to here them. Once again thanks for the response.

That rings a bell for some reason, but nobody’s answering the door. :)

All I can suggest is to do a cold reboot of the machine (power off) so the soundcard resets. See what hapens. Occasionally one of my Echo cards will get in an odd state that is fixed with a reboot.

See if off-line mixdown works.

I’ll look around to see if I’m reminded of anything.

I don’t recall which options I have selected on my setup in Preferences\Paths. However it is setup, I do a “Save As…” for each new song and EVERYTHING ends up in the directory I specify in “Save As…” (The .sng file, the .npk’s and all the .wavs including the mixdowns.) ???

TG

I’m having the same problem. the Offline mixdown works fine but mixdown while playing will not create the .wav file! It happened after I installed the last update (build 1969).

Eyup!

Have a look in Paths >
You may find that the file has been saved in NTrack’s working directory, which is not necessarily the same as the song’s directory. NTrack saves the file it is currently recording in it’s working directory temporarily.

Steve

Quote (FrankieG @ Sep. 18 2005,11:40)
I downloaded the new 4.1 version of ntrack yesterday (9/17/05) and I am using Creative’s Audigy 2 soundcard. Everything seems to be working fine except when I am mixing a sond to a single .wav file. I am “mixing whike playing”. It appears to be going through the process as it always did but when I go to find the mixdown.wav file it is nowhere to be found. I think it may be in a setting somewhere but not surewhere. Can somebody help me?

The problem (no mixdown file created when “Mixdown while playing” is checked) should be solved in build 1970.
Please let me know if you continue to have this or similar problems with the new build.

Flavio.