Mobilepre... again

Struggling with same device, new laptop

All,

I’m trying to use my old M-Audio Mobilepre USB preamp interface with a new laptop, but I cannot hear the live monitoring of tracks I’m recording (guitar and bass, direct and mic’d). I think I’ve tried just about everything. I downloaded the latest Mobilepre driver for Windows 7 and configured the n-Track settings appropriately. I tried both the MME and WDM settings for the Mobilepre playback and record devices. Any ideas?

A side note… the recording level seems really low. Have the premap level all the way up and it’s still not peaking in n-Track. Kinda noisy too. Same with an amp mic’d or direct in.

I’m using a Dell E6420 laptop with 2.4Ghz and 8GB RAM running Windows 7 64-bit O/S.

Thanks,

Scott

have you tried ASIO4ALL?

@dontcare, yes I downloaded and installed that but the ASIO drivers in nTrack don’t work. Maybe I’m doing something wrong with that.

you may have to disable the onboard soundcard on the Dell for the external one to work.

what you describe (the low signals) and loud noise level is typical of the onboard cards, either way it should have an red X on it if you are wanting to use the external card exclusively instead.

Ahhhhh, I think I get it now. Need to disable the laptop’s IDT High Def Audio CODEC and Bluetooth Hands-free Audio in the Device Manager. I’ll try that. Up until now I’ve just been “turning them off” in the Sound Devices Playback and Recording menus.

Hey it’s worth a try,

let us know if it works :agree: