money sucking program

Quote (Nils K @ April 29 2005,07:29)
I have been hesitant to switch to digital recording for way too long until a former colleague of mine told me about n-Track - version 2, that is... - I bought it very soon after my initial experience, and started learning all I now know by transfering a lot of old, analog, 4-track recordings for digital mixdown and mastering into a rather sucessfull retrospect CD spanning about 15 years' time.

n-Track may not be everybody's "swiss army knife", but it suits my needs and purposes very well. I have been using Cakewalk, Cubase, and a couple of other apps during the years, but eventually gave them all up... - erroneous software, poor manuals, and eventually too complicated for what I wanted to do. n-Track is by no means "perfect", but these days it rarely crashes on me as long as I keep some sense and sanity as to what I am doing with the program.

The main benefit of n-Track is the easy transition from the analog recording/production world, giving us ol' "tapeheads" an edge in learning to use the program.

Just imagine - 30 years ago the hottest thing one could ever hope to achieve at home was a measly four tracks (well, 12-14 tracks if noise and loss of bass response didn't bother ya'). Some of the software DAW competition sells for as much as a full-blown harddisk recorder complete with cd-burner and automated mixdown!!

I say n-Track is bang for the buck. n-Track rocks - period :D .

regards, Nils

I think that about sums it up Nils. I own Cubase VST5.1 and have played around a lot with Sonar 3 Producer Edition. Both of those proved to be WAY overkill and unreliable. n-Track EXCELS at audio and the MIDI is not bad at all. So for the price, I STILL say n-Track cannot be beat!

TG
Quote (Bubbagump @ April 28 2005,11:10)
I love these posts. "I have wasted 10s of 15s of dollars on this program becuase I haven't bothered to read the manual or ask for help in the forum... Screw you guys, I'm gonna go spend $600 on something else that does practically the exact same thing.... That'll show you."

Cutting off one's nose to spite the face perhaps?

showed us!!

Just want to jump on the bandwagon here. I’m a home hobbyist that never would gotten into this recording stuff without n-track and its reasonable price. I’m still amazed at what I can do with this software and what great results I get.

Thanks Flavio.

What’s a bafoon? ???

Only thing worse than a troll is an illiterate troll! :laugh:

Ali

Come people…be easy on the guy. His own actions will be justice enough. Because when he figures that he can’t work Sonar either, he will then upgrade to Cubase…then to Logic…then…

Poor guy…$2,000.00 later, he’ll be back…and singing a different tune…HHHHHEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!! :p

I dont know WHAT releases of other software he’s been using but ALL of them…ALL software has its bugs and point releases with constant variations.
N is hardly a money sucking program…for what its worth…the strip down bare bones of this program forces people to spend more time on actually making music than spending forever on features.
I learned a helluva alot about how to comp, track, use fx appropriately in inserts or sends andhow to properly mix using aux busses and groups. I didnt even know WHAT they were a year ago. Im still learning how to use the EQ…its a mother to learn.
Anyhoo…Sonar and Cubase are pretty pricey but admittingly…they do have some really wicked intuitive MIDI features which I could use really use. :;):

I agree with everyone’s comments.

Last weekend I sat down for my first proper go on n-Track and recorded an eight track effort: guitars, drums, midi and two voices - with a little help from this forum (cheers Wihan) - and I think it sounds great. So useable, so intuitive. I am hooked.

N-track is fantastic! Well done Flavio! Long may you reign.

Hywel

I have done some stupid things in my life. I am the not so proud owner of Cakewalk Versions 4, 5, 7 and 8. These cost me a grand total of over $1600. The program always crashed and rarely did what it claimed to do. Plus the learning curve was absurd.

N-Track is a God send. Inexpensive and easy to use. As far as I’m concerned, Flavio is a genius and giving away his program. When I lost my serials in a major crash of my computer a while back, I just bought the program all over cause it was well worth 3 times the price Flavio charges. Mr. F U is really clueless and good riddance I say.

Thank You again Flavio for a program actually worth every penny and more!

Mike

Actually, thinking about it, this program is VERY money sucking… How many plugins, samples, microphones, preamps, instruments, cables, mic stands, softsynths, room treatments, etc. have we all purchased just because of this program… I figure this program has cost me probably upwards of $15-20k in the past 7 years. :D

HAHA… dang… pop came out my nose.

teej

Addiction is a horrible fate…I have new speakers on the way

[quote=phoo,May 04 2005,11:20][/quote]
<!–QuoteBegin>

Addiction is a horrible fate…I have new speakers on the way

I KkNnOoWw phoo:
<!–QuoteBegin>
teej813:HAHA… dang… pop came out my nose.

I’m gonna get Smart, here… That’s a NEW Brand Name… Who Makes them speakers?? :p

When I was the Service Manager at the MosicStop, years ago, this guy came into the shop asking me what might be wrong with his spearker cabinets… They wern’t sounding right…

I asked him what kind they were…

He told me they were “Natural Finished” ones… :O :laugh: He got me… Big Time…lol…

Bill…