Monitor of my dreams...

perhaps…

http://www.jblpro.com/lsr/lsr4300home.html

Hi TomS:
They look pretty interesting… 6.5’s including the Bass cabinet … What are they talking about? I don’t see any price…

Bill…

The cool thing about them is that they come with the room correction software, which is all automatic - just plug in the reference mic, listen to the nice sine waves, and the machine sets itself up automatically to compensate for problems at the monitoring position. They are 1300 or so US dollars per pair.

:)

<!–QuoteBegin>

6.5’s including the Bass cabinet

Which page was that on, Bill? I didn’t see it.

I’d love to have some of those. I’m a JBL fanatic from long ago (still have two pairs - L40 and L55). I’d have these if I could afford them.

Hi phoo:
When I copied-and-pasted the link to the browser it opened a JBL page the showed there were two models available… ? That’s what I saw… ?? I’ll open the link again…

Here

I’m somewhat of a JBL fanatic, as well… I just can’t afford them… :O ??? :(

But I like my Powered Yorkies… These are working O.K. Fine for me… With my Home-made Bass Bin with JBL 2205 15" bass speakers in the Box… It’s good down to about 35 hz… I have a Yamaha P-2200 power amp driving them…

The Yorkies see full range and the bass bin sees 250 hz. from an electronic crossover… It seems to work for me… ???

phoo… I’m looking at that Har-Bal Analizer… I think I’m gonna “Spring” for it today… What do you think?

Bill…

[EDIT]
You guys… Those JBL Boxes look soooo nice… :O

[EDIT 2]
Too late… I ordered the Har-Bal Analizer. I’m waiting for the download link and the key… Ya gotta do what ya gotta do…

The Pro Limiter, from Denmark and the Drumlator from Chicago, will have to wait… and the two Flat-Screen Monitors for the studio… and the…

Does any of you have any loose change to donate to the cause?

I still don’t understand what you mean by 6.5’s and bass. There are two models, yes (6.25, 8, and 12 subwoofer). I was wondering what you meant by 6.5’s.

Har-Bar is STILL wonderful in my opinion. Just don’t let it be your only tool. Your ears are still the boss. Use yourself LOTS of time. Har-Bar will show you rather dramatically when ear fatigue is setting in. Open a lot of recordings you know sound good to your ears on many systems in Har-Bar to see what they curves look like. Keep in mind that newer CDs are so overcompressed that the curves may be slightly skewed compared to less compressed stuff - hard limiting can make some difference in the curves see when it’s so extreme, usually when the limiting is affecting a narrow range of frequencies. Just flattening the curve isn’t a fix.

Hi phoo:
Sorry… I was referring to the 6.25’s… not the 6.5’s as I was calling them…

The bass cabinet is remote controlled as well as the Bi-Amp’d Cabinets… This makes the whole setup controllable from your listening area… No need to get up and play with switches-and-knobs-and-buttons… I know… once they’re set you don’t play with them, anyway… But…

I always wanted a pair of the JBL studio boxes… … I don’t know what the model #'s were… They were three-way, passive… with a 12" bottom speaker in them… They were worth a fortune then… and still are… Oak finish or Dark stain… It didn’t matter… I don’t have them and I may never…

My RADAR Buddy… and I never got down to his place all summer… He has a pair of them Adam Boxes… No bass box… But I suggested to him he should have the bass cabinet they make for their setup… He’s already got about 5 grand into the Adam boxes… But, what’s another couple when he’s got those… I think they are called the 7A’s, or something… Believe me… they are nice sounding… Ya gotta hear them in his place… I gotta get down there and get some photos… of his new setup… I know, he was over at the AES Show on the west coast… this year… I should have went… I think I’d rather spend money on toys… I don’t know… I think the last time it was in San Fan was the last time I was to one…

Bill…

[EDIT]
I’m still waiting for the download link and the reg. code… I hope everything is O.K. I got it paid for… but no link, in my mail…

I wanted to have some fun with it sometime, today…

Now to me these are the beeez neeez -

http://www.manger-audio.co.uk/products.htm

103 ZEROBOX and MSM c1 fully active professional monitors + amps that are just too far out - pity the prices are as well -

carefull these could break your heart -

Dr J

Hi Doc:
Those are just fascinating… I was looking at the concept design of the speakers… Quite interesting… They say these “Neo” magnets are great but I am of the Old School… Alnico magnets have mass… there-fore can absorb lots of heat generated by the voice coils in the magnetic gap… and Lots-of-Watts… I always though that someday I’d be around to see a novel way to move air… But it hasn’t happened yet… A moving coil, connected to paper, in a magnet gap still is about 6-9% efficient… I was hoping that one day while I’m still around that they might graft a nerve connector in the neck with an electrical impulse right in the nervous system… Now that would be the beeeez… neeeeez… :O ??? :laugh: Or… a wireless LAN connector… Well…

Bill…