Mono Recordings

Hi there,

Just returning to multi-track recording after a while out (several years to be exact) and using nTrack 9, along with a Focusrite 2i2.

I seem to recall in earlier iterations of the software, there was an option when recording to record Stereo, or Stereo to two mono tracks, or Mono, but now I only appear to have the first two, which means that recording a single vocal mic gives me a stereo track with nothing on the right channel.

Yes, I can split that and remove the silent track, but I feel like I shouldn’t need to do that, and there should be the option to record in Mono (I am using ASIO drivers having always used WDM in the past).

The Focusrite message board has a couple of threads about this, but both were resolved by changing settings in the DAW software to enable mono recording rather than setting anything in the device itself.

What am I missing?
David

David,

there is no longer an option you have to set in the input device’s settings, you can now simply add a new audio track, then click on the input device button on the track’s left side to se the track to record from the left or right channel of the input stereo pair. I.e. the old option is automatically set based on whether you’ve selected to record the track as stereo or as a mono from left or right channel in the Input device button.

Regards,
Flavio.

Hi Flavio,

Nice to see your responsiveness to questions is a quick as ever. Guess I need to retrain myself from not just hitting the 0 key when I want to record a new track.

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your clear answer.
David

hi, i am new to using n-track studio 9 pro … using on android device (v 9.3) … can i ask if you have any tips re how i can combine three audio tracks with three part harmony over a music track and export to .mp3.?

i can import the music track, create and record the audio tracks, but can’t easily understand how to blend/combine all audio tracks together over the music and export. i only hear one audio track when i export. the manual doesn’t clearly provide any specific guidance or may refer to the process in a way i am not understanding? … Any reccommendations will be appreciated Thanks so much.

hi, i am new to using n-track studio 9 pro … using on android device (v 9.3) … can i ask if you have any tips re how i can combine three audio tracks with three part harmony over a music track and export to .mp3.?

i can import the music track, create and record the audio tracks, but can’t easily understand how to blend/combine all audio tracks together over the music and export. i only hear one audio track when i export. the manual doesn’t clearly provide any specific guidance or may refer to the process in a way i am not understanding? … Any reccommendations will be appreciated Thanks so much.

1 Like