mono track

how to

What’s the easiest way to get a true mono track where the pan control will work?

Do you want hear your mono track in both ears panned? Or just one ear panned?

PACO

Hey Paco,

Both speakers, so I can pan left or right…

Also, when I begin to record a new track I can’t find the input volume fader. Where would it be?

thx,
Lou

Quote: (Lou321 @ Feb. 20 2013, 4:17 PM)

Hey Paco,

Both speakers, so I can pan left or right..

Also, when I begin to record a new track I can't find the input volume fader. Where would it be?

thx,
Lou

Clone your mono track, now you have 2 of the same tracks, now you can pan them.

Input faders, from the track mixer, have you tried moving the fader for the track you created while it's recording?

PACO

You can only be working with either a mono track or a stereo one (pair). When recording a new track, you have the choice, depending on your inputs, whether to record mono or stereo.
Would the track you are working on be a single or double lane waveform? If mono, you have full pan/vol/etc control. If stereo, you can split them by right clicking on the track/wav and then treat them as two separate mono tracks.

Quote: (TonyR @ Feb. 20 2013, 7:28 PM)

You can only be working with either a mono track or a stereo one (pair).

This not entirely true, at least in the case of Line 6 UX2, with it you can record 2 tracks as the option for two mono inputs is available, one being left and the other right. This allows for pairing of different amp/cab/effects for each side as used by Pod Farms (Duel) capabilities. Also, even if the option to not pair separate tones and using just one tone, the effect such as the stereo chorus recorded as a single stereo track then cloned is not as good as using the two mono track available and then panned. I have tried this and I find that using the 2 inputs regardless of whether or not I use dual tones or not I get better results.

Regardless of my point, your opinion is spot on.

PACO

I’ve just begun to use ntarck again after a few years…
In the past, using version 6.0, I had a single wav form and was able to pan it 3/4 or all the way. Any settings I’m missing so I don’t have to deal with 2 of the same track?

Quote: (Lou321 @ Feb. 20 2013, 12:08 PM)

What's the easiest way to get a true mono track where the pan control will work?

you may want to consider a plug in like:

Proximity

there are a few other out there too, can't think of the names now.

oh yeah, Psypan which is binaural.

dontcare :cool: