Morning

OK, not very relevant for a music forum, but…

Have you ever wrapped yourself in a sleeping bag, poured yourself a fine whisky, and sat and watched the sun rise?

Watched that ball of fire, full of the promise of the new day which shatters the gloom of night…

I suppose it’s the mountains. The shadows disappear with a speed that’s almost breathtaking. They gallop away like a herd of the finest stallions in retreat from the god that is Ra.

Ach well. It was a mystical moment, but now it’s time to fry up my bacon and eggs. :D

Yip !

Done that on the back of an open ‘bakkie’ (pickup) sitting in a sleeping bag on the open tailgate in Tygerberg Hill’s shadow on the side of table mountain.

Didn’t know if we were supposed to look at the sun coming up over the Cape Penninsula or the shadow of Tygerberg Hills being beaten down underneath the cable way on the slope of Table Mountain.

Mystical moments are best followed by fried bacon and eggs !

Awesome.

W.

It’s a bit early to be hittin’ the bottle don’t ya think?
:O

<!–QuoteBegin>

Was it Norm from Cheers who did this scene…?

Bartender: Another beer Norm?

Norm: It’s a bit early for that isn’t it?

Bartender: What? Too early for beer?

Norm: No, for silly questions

?
Quote (John @ Jan. 19 2006,07:41)
It's a bit early to be hittin' the bottle don't ya think?
:O

Not if you haven't gone to sleep yet :)

Early-to-Bed… Early-to-Rise… Makes a man Wealthy-Wealthy-and… Whats the other One?? :O ??? :laugh:

If only… I was a song writer… ???

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

John, savouring a glass of Glenmorangie is not “hitting the bottle”.

A fine single malt is like communion wine; it’s not booze, it’s a sacrament. :;):
Quote (Ali_G @ Jan. 19 2006,10:32)
It's a bit early to be hittin' the bottle don't ya think?

John, savouring a glass of Glenmorangie is not "hitting the bottle".

A fine single malt is like communion wine; it's not booze, it's a sacrament. :;):
Are you Scottish by any chance?

My drummer is from Scotland... Last summer he gave me a bottle of Glenfiddich(sp?) 12-year-old Scotch, which I am *still* gently working on...
:cool:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Chance had nothing to do with it John.

My dad was playing for Liverpool FC at the time, but he made damm sure my mother was back home in Scotland for my birth. :D

Bottoms Up…

Quote (Ali_G @ Jan. 19 2006,14:39)

Chance had nothing to do with it John.

My dad was playing for Liverpool FC at the time, but he made damm sure my mother was back home in Scotland for my birth. :D
Ah-hah! That explains quite a bit. My drummer knows that he has to speak slowy for me to understand him sometimes, but I'm catching on... For our New Year's Eve gig he wore his fancy skirt thingy (in true Scotsman manner he says, whatever that means)
:D
Anyways... he's trying to ween me into drinking scotch, but I've a feeling it's his way of getting even for starting him on tequila.
:cool:

-John

Eggs and bacon? Mystical? Cooked chicken embryos and slabs of chemically treated pig fat?

???

<!–QuoteBegin>

Cooked chicken embryos and slabs of chemically treated pig fat?

YUM-YUM!! Everybody knows that chickens and pigs are nasty, disgusting critters… so let’s do our part to rid the world of this blight! Bring on the eggs and bacon! Whazzat? Cholesterol? Eh… not everybody gets to die in a plane crash…

D

scrambled Eggs and country ham, grits with real butter, homemade real bisquits with homemade grape jam, and don’t forget the red eye gravy!

Savages!

:)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Eggs and bacon? Mystical? Cooked chicken embryos and slabs of chemically treated pig fat?

Vegetarian Philosophers just don’t get it :D

Come on, reducing things to their lowest denominator never makes things sound cool. I would have thought you’d be above that :D , you metal-strings-tied-to-a-plank-of-wood-and-tuned-to-various-interval-hitting person you.

If we weren’t meant to eat animals they wouldn’t be made of meat.

(we wouldn’t have canines either)

Quote (Willy @ Jan. 26 2006,07:41)
If we weren't meant to eat animals they wouldn't be made of meat.

(we wouldn't have canines either)

:D

I saw that on a bummper sticker somewhere a while back... funny stuff.

Don't forget about the incisors (sp?) as well - they're great for ripping through chunks of flesh.

Eyup!

Don’t forget the SUET :p :p :p

Steve