Moving songs from 1 N-track to another

How to transfer entire songs

Hi everybody. I’ve had Ntrack on my PC for years and recently got it on my IPad & IPhone. I’m curious if anybody could tell me the easiest method for moving an entire song ( wavs, effects, automation, equalization, etc) from one machine to the other. I would like to be able to record some Audiobus drums on my IPad, with maybe a synth or two, mix it a little , and then ship the whole thing as it is to my IPhone on PC to add more tracks or remix. I’m sure there’s a simple way that I just haven’t read yet. Any help I could get would be much appreciated. Thanks!

The only thing I can think of would be with Dropbox. Give it a try and let us know.
Bax

File > Save As Packed Song File.

Well I did some tests and got some good news. I used both suggestions from @TonyR and @bax3 and I was able to begin a new song on my IPad, ship it to Dropbox as a .sgw packed song file, open it onto my IPhone, add some more tracks using Audiobus, ship it back up to Dropbox (gave it a new name so I wouldn’t mix them up), and open it up on my PC with all effects and automations intact! Shipped the third version back up to Dropbox, where I can now fiddle with more tracks and mixing on all 3 devices. This might be old news to veterans of this forum, but I can’t think of any other DAW that can scoot mixed songs with automation and effects intact from PC to Mac to IOS like this. I realize there will be limitations because the IOS version only has some of the features currently that the other versions have (VST’s, N-track drums, etc) but so far so good. I know Flavio is working on getting all versions the same and that day will be awesome!

Quote: (Heimie @ Sep. 15 2013, 8:21 PM)

Well I did some tests and got some good news. I used both suggestions from @TonyR and @bax3 and I was able to begin a new song on my IPad, ship it to Dropbox as a .sgw packed song file, open it onto my IPhone, add some more tracks using Audiobus, ship it back up to Dropbox (gave it a new name so I wouldn't mix them up), and open it up on my PC with all effects and automations intact! Shipped the third version back up to Dropbox, where I can now fiddle with more tracks and mixing on all 3 devices. This might be old news to veterans of this forum, but I can't think of any other DAW that can scoot mixed songs with automation and effects intact from PC to Mac to IOS like this. I realize there will be limitations because the IOS version only has some of the features currently that the other versions have (VST's, N-track drums, etc) but so far so good. I know Flavio is working on getting all versions the same and that day will be awesome!

thanks for the report that is an amazing feat for software!

if only it was midi capable it would be the shiz. :D