Moving to New Mexico

I’m done with Ohio, had all of Dayton that I can stand, pretty much. Will probably be on a bus, headed for Ruidoso NM by the end of this week…

I ran into a guy at a truck stop in Northern Louisiana one time… He lived in Northern Wisconsin, somewhere…
He was a retired helicopter mechanic in the Military…
He worked in Greenland all his days…
SO, he knew what cold was…

Anyway, he travels southbound every year after Thanksgiving Day and hangs out where ever he sees no ice-and-snow… This year he was on his way to the I-10 highway ramp where he would decide if he was headed south to Brownsville Texas on headed west on the I-10 and into New Mexico… New Mexico, is pretty dry, in the winter months, so I hear…

Anyway, we got dumped on, 15 cms., over the weekend and now we are forecast for another pile, 18 cms. for Wednesday…
You can sure feel IT, in the air…
:)
:disagree:

Bill…

It’s a song title, Danny: Moving to New Mexico…

I know a guy who lives in a little burg named “Tipp City” up there near Dayton. He says it sucks donkey turds up there, so I guess I don’t blame you. What is it that you hope to discover in Ruidoso? Better Frijoles? :laugh:

LOL, Unknown, no my parents live there, and as it’s a wealthy community that is a good distance from any others (it’s a ski-resort, about 7,000 ppl there), I can open a computer store with virtually no competition, whatsoever…

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 11 2011, 12:22 PM)

It's a song title, Danny:
Moving to New Mexico...

Lol, let's just hope it's not my funeral dirge :p

like tom said ive heard this line in loads of american songs
i cant think what the same would be in britain maybe getting on a ferry to the isle of wight but as we often go there for a holiday it probly wouldnt be the same
if you can realy just up & go like that danny im realy jealous
ive got a husband kids house mortgage responabilities job so much baggage its like a ball & chain
what i mean is theres 2 sides to evry coin

I used to have all those things, Tina, including a business that paid me about 50K a year… now the ex-wife has them, and I have nothing to tie me down, anywhere…

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 12 2011, 9:57 AM)

i cant think what the same would be in britain maybe getting on a ferry to the isle of wight

LOL