mp3 option

Just upgraded to Ntrack v. 6 from version 5. Before there was an option in the mixdown section to subsequently create a mp3 file. Is there a way to again include this as an option? When I upgraded I think I chose to keep the same settings. I searched under Preferences and around the forum but no luck. Any thoughts?

Hi GeoffO:

I was sure that the option to make an mp3 file was still in v6…
Without looking, I believe that the feature is on the “Mix down” screen…
At least, I think it was there…

I know, we are all aware that the “Lame” converter is still on the latest versions-and-builds… At least, I think, it is…
However, that means that it requires an extra step to convert the file to an mp3…

Bill…

Hi Geoffo. Are you saying that v5 asked if you if you want an mp3 file to be automatically popped out straight after performing a wav mix-down?
In v6 you can choose either format from file>mix down or ‘save as’.

To create a MP3 at mixdown:
File > Save As
Click the selection arrow on the right side of the box and you will find a list of formats available including MP3.
Bax

Just tried that method, Bax, but the only thing is I think I have to choose either a wav or a mp3, whereas before I could do both during the same mixdown. Is that what you’re talking about Bill- how you have to do it in two steps now?

That is, say I’ve got some tracks I want to mixdown to an mp3 file, plus a separate wav file. In version 5, I used to go to File–>Mixdown Song and name it (while saving it as a wav file). The mixdown song window appears. I check a box (which in this current version is absent) that says “Create also an”. This is where I would choose mp3, but in the dropdown you can also select wma or ogg vorbis. There’s that infamous icon of the hammer just to the right of this option. Then, after selecting the various options of sampling rate, file format etc…I click “start”. What comes up automatically after that process is the file size/quality of the mp3 I want created. I pick one, and that’s about it. I’ll then go in and manually open up one of the files just to be sure N-track’s magic worked properly.

Yeah, Tony, what you described for version 5 is right- at least for mine. I think Bill might have hit the nail (with Ntrack’s hammer) on the head.

You probably worked it out, but I think in the version 6 you choose mp3 if you want that and if you do so you’ll get both mp3 and wav.