Music Biz Quiz

Music Biz Quiz

Wondering which era of musician they are talking about?
Todays musician has a big big bunch of witness’s for copyrights.
Not like 15 yrs ago.
I’ll read the rest later big guy, I’m pumpin up!
Don’t forget to do your sit’ups!

Oh and I think the first one by definition will surprise some. Think it’s copy written after simply writing it down.

Well I flunked this test, had to sit in the corner with a Dunce cap on for 2 hours, and then had to stay after school writing on the blackboard
"I will study more before the next Quiz" a hundred times.

School sucks. :cool:

i think i got 5. who wants to hire me as their agent? i’m getting ready to drop ‘flock of seagulls,’ so i’m looking to pick someone else up in their stead.

Eyup!

I got question 4 wrong, but speaking as a musician who never made it, I would add a further question to the list.

Is it better to:
1. Know the rules
2. Know the right people.

:p

Steve

Quote: (Beefy Steve @ May 05 2009, 1:22 PM)

Eyup!

I got question 4 wrong, but speaking as a musician who never made it, I would add a further question to the list.

Is it better to:
1. Know the rules

Steve

That's a good question Steve.
I would say it's more important for a musician to stay focused on his craft.
One wearing to many hats loose out buy not working hard on what they really need to be working on to compete.
Knowing the rite people is the wise move.
Should study riffs, study styles, study scales, study technique, apply, smooze.
But learning a rule a day couldn't hurt.
Quote: (Beefy Steve @ May 05 2009, 1:22 PM)

Eyup!

Is it better to:
1. Know the rules

Steve

I wouldn't worry about getting question 4 wrong mate. I'm fairly sure nobody would steal your old Bands' name :) :whistle: :)

Anyone want to register "Pigs Eat Nettles"? :)

Eyup!

Trouble was, not many people wanted to book a band called "Pigs Eat Nettles"

Or, as we were billed once, “Pigseat Netals” :laugh:

Steve

Quote: (Levi @ May 05 2009, 9:14 PM)

I dunno Levi....

Sometimes perhaps the more you study a style the more you become it...

What you think? From a writer's perspective? Are you losing more of you by studying others?

(I'm NOT a musician....I'm talking from a songwriting point of view) I've read that if you're keeping up with current trends you're already a year out of date. Songwriting that is.

Everything’s that old is new again is my theory. So I’m going back to the 50’s. Yes I was alive in the 50’s.

:laugh:

You are so right tho!!
Quote: (spreadercraig @ May 06 2009, 6:20 PM)

Quote: (Levi @ May 05 2009, 9:14 PM)

I dunno Levi....

Sometimes perhaps the more you study a style the more you become it...

What you think? From a writer's perspective? Are you losing more of you by studying others?

(I'm NOT a musician....I'm talking from a songwriting point of view) I've read that if you're keeping up with current trends you're already a year out of date. Songwriting that is.

I would only study the styles that I want to draw from. Styles of other players in the genera that interests me.
So in that case; I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that the way you read it is not what I meant ...
I don't pay much attention to current trends, I usually turn away from stereotypical'ism's.
I'm not really thinking as a writer. I always leave that wide open, I'm thinking as a musician. What'cha think about that?
???
You could call it the evolution of you!

what’s a 50’s?

studying players in other genres helps you grow as a musician, and can eventually help either redefine your style, expand your own genre or create a new one. it also helps you to be able to communicate and sync with a wider variety of players you run into in the future.

Expanding genres helps as a musician and songwriter IMHO.

Unless you’re Jdet or myself and get hung up listening to 20+ min Yes tunes. :laugh: I don’t know where that will take you. hehehehe

I was born in the 50’s. (ain’t that a song by The Police?)
I still like to Rock Around The clock! :cool:

20 min+ yes songs will lead you to arthritis and carpel tunnel syndrome

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ May 06 2009, 11:00 PM)

studying players in other genres helps you grow as a musician, and can eventually help either redefine your style, expand your own genre or create a new one.
it also helps you to be able to communicate and sync with a wider variety of players you run into in the future.

:agree: