Music Industry

Goin’ to the dogs

Ok, so you’ve all heard about U2’s masters being stolen.
And also Greenday had a whole album swiped.

What’s the big idea anyway?
With all todays copywrite laws, what could anyone possibly gain by taking something that they can’t use (legally)?

Also, knowing that music is like gold for some artist, why isn’t there better security in theses studios, gaurding this asset?

I see why some guys lock themselves in the studio for months at a time, it’s to safegaurd such an event!

:D

They could probably get away with making and selling pirated copies in certain under-developed countries…

I guess they wouldn’t be priated though, since they have the original masters, eh?

Pirated in the sense that they were made illegally, smarty-pants.

:p

I just watched The Buddy Holly Story last night. Not a great film but I wished the industry & the people were like there were back then. The good 'ole days!

Mr Soul

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 12 2005,14:26)
I just watched The Buddy Holly Story last night. Not a great film but I wished the industry & the people were like there were back then. The good 'ole days!

Mr Soul

Yeah I think I saw that one.
You don't find to many minds like that anymore.
To heck with Neil Young, Mike!
Buddy was the true father of grundge!

Tee hee.....just kidding Mike--much love for Neil.
Not a great film but I wished the industry & the people were like there were back then. The good 'ole days!

Ah, they were all sharks back then out for themselves. Nothings changed.

I think Ol’ Willy’s got it right Mike,

The truth is that greed has always been a constant in any industry.
But this is typical of films like that set in a by gone era. In order for the film to achieve it’s illusion, that of the 50’s; it had to take on a certain innocence if you will.

I wasa done blabbin, but then I saw the thread was still around,so…

Ok let’s entertain the notion once again.(original thread idea)

So these guys have all the tape masters, probably in canisters.
How do they know how to name the songs?
I’m asuming at least a few of them had names on them, or abr. of song names.
It hard enough to come up with all the names and lyrics for an album, that in itself is a job.
Oh here’s an idea, John.

They could put a put a picture of a Pirate on the cover, and call it, "AAAARRRRRR MATE!"
Make all the song titles marine, go real nautical, I’m thinking Mermaids…but then again I’m always thinkin’ mermaids…tee hee

This has been another ramblin’ from the crapper, I will now whipe and flush…

keep shinin’

jerm

But, as it's Sunday morning and there's this wee hot tottie who hands out the hymn books in the local church, (Presbyterian? Methodist? Satanist? Who cares! LOL)

I care. Got pics?
Quote (nergle @ Feb. 13 2005,00:29)
But, as it's Sunday morning and there's this wee hot tottie who hands out the hymn books in the local church, (Presbyterian? Methodist? Satanist? Who cares! LOL), I gotta go! :D

Ali

You are lusting fopr the flesh my brother,
I feel your pain, lotta hotties at my church as well.
Unfortunatlly (or fortunatlly depending on how you look at it) my wifes always with me.
Oh well, I made the sacred vow, now I gotta honor it. DOPE!

jerm

This thread has given me an idea.

I should by an old bank building, and convert the vault into a studio. That aught to keep out the riff raft!

woof

Quote (nergle @ Feb. 13 2005,22:21)
What would you have me lusting for Jerm; Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli? :;):

Ali

Well I have had a squash or two make me take a second look. :D
But I guess if you must lust, it might as well be a fine feline.
Which conjures up the image of Holly Berrie in a leather cat suite, MEEEEOOOOWWWW!

Woof! back at you Mike.

keep trackin'

jerm