Musical Tripe

to pass the day.

Only thing about this song is it’s my drum kit with just 3 mics, and the snare is not too crappy.

“We Sure Had Fun at the Club de Wash”:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=901783

:D

Thx for sharing TS :agree:

If yer wantin’ a critique of yer drum sounds… TURN 'EM UP!! :laugh:

Really. I hear guitar (great tone as usual) and vox. The drums are so buried I can’t tell if yer snare is “crappy” or not. :p

Don’t be shy…

D

PS By the way… I’ll have to check, but I’m pretty sure I have the copyrights and trademarks for “Musical Tripe”.

Cool little bit of nostalgia writing here Tom - gotta agree with Tim here on the drum mix - love the tune though!

Heh… I just noticed…

Quote:

Equipment used:
The DAW nonpareil n-Track Studio from FaSoft

You know I gotta agree. Sort of… :p

D

Good tune Tom,
:agree:

turn up the drums so I can rag on yer snare please. :laugh:

Just a note from this morning, the song started with the counting, then a quick guitar chard and nuttin, it stopped, I thought “Holy Cow Tom’s really gone off the deep end with this one!” Uhhh, twas Soundclick and their normal problems.

Heh - and the counting has nothing to do with the actual song…

Jeez, I thought the drums were loud enough. Well, I’ll go mix again. I think that was a headphone mix anyway. I don’t remember.

What’s the deal with the snare? Is that on its own track? Sounds super duper compressed like it is ducking itself.

The drums are super duper compressed. 2 OH mics and a snare mic, into a “Fairchild” like bit of software. Smoooshed. No like? Remember, I’m a big fan of the Raspberries - and the Razz, for that matter…

:laugh: nothing worse than having to remix, believe me, I know only to well!
Can't play your axe is your remin! Yea your vocals are drowing out the music lol
Can't really hear the drums.

Cool little song. Been a long time since I “cruised the strip”, back and forth between Village Car Wash and the Sonic.

i always appreciate your byrds-tinged guitar sound.

I have to agree with John Doe :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 23 2009, 5:33 PM)

The drums are super duper compressed.
2 OH mics and a snare mic, into a "Fairchild" like bit of software.
Smoooshed.
No like?
Remember, I'm a big fan of the Raspberries - and the Razz, for that matter...

Smushed ok... but at least to me, not to the point of the snare causing ducking in the rest of the stuff. Snares is important.

the snare should not be ducking the rest.

Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 24 2009, 4:22 PM)

This is why they invented recording studios, so the writers could focus on practicing our instruments and writing instead of unducking the snare! It's to bad everything is so expensive. But who's in a hurry anyway? I'm happy to see you recording your drums! I used very little compression on drums. Well I used a bunch on the kick.
Quote: (TomS @ Feb. 24 2009, 4:22 PM)

Just saying... sounds like it gest sucked out of the mix is all. Just me.

Nah, you are right. But truth is, I kind of like it that way. Just goes to show, it is a rare person who can mix his or her own stuff.

Well, I’m changing over my system over the next few days, so nothing is going to get done. but I did clean the recording space. that’s worth something.

Hey I love the vocals and the wah solo guitar, Also your falsetto voice is great, perfect for the song, I like the drums where they are, I hear the guitar and vox as the focus of the song, seems like that’s where the action is, so the drums are fine by me. Loved it, good one!