Musicians and terrorism

you are all threats!

Morrisey investigated by FBI and British intelligence:

http://stateoftheday.blogspot.com/2006…bi.html

Henry Rollins labelled a “possible threat” by Australian government:

http://stateoftheday.blogspot.com/2006/02/big-brother-down-under.html

Yep. I’m a threat all right… I will admit I have terrorized a bunch of people with my music… at least a dozen or so… :(

D – WMD Weapon of Musical Destruction

Hi TomS:
It looks like there’s some “Heavy Stories” to be taken from these Blogs…

What’s your take on this stuff… :O ???

I’ve heard “Noise” of the US Government allowing the sale of of your shipping ports to forign ownership… What’s going on… between the lines… ??

Bill…

“Please tell your government and everyone in your office to go #### themselves. Tell them twice. If your boss is looking for something to do, you can tell him I suggest he go #### himself. Baghdad’s safer than my hometown and your PM is a sissy,” Rollins responded.

Hahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha.

Lots of folks would like to know what is going on, Bill, but the Prez isn’t talking, really.

There are lots of business connections between the admin and the UAE owned company, that it looks like the desire for profit has overcome Bush’s “anti-terrorism” commitments.

Anyway…
Rollins - not exactly a poet, eh? But music has been ineffectual politically for a long, long time…

It would really be nice if “politically outspoken” didn’t mean “terrorist supporter” or worse “possible terrorist threat”. That belief is downright anti-american (from my american point of view).

These last few years will be looked back on in history as prime examples of why we need a balance of power. When any one political group holds all the strings they can make the puppets go wherever they want.

The same thing would happen if the left was in control, though the actions would be different, obviously.

That’s not good for the country or world as a whole. Imagine what it would have been like if the Southern Democrats (George Wallace, Strom Thrumond, etc) had won majorities in all branches back in the middle to late sixties.

So I went out and bought a Rollins CD in support of him. Can’t say that the music moves me, but whathehell. :)

Quote (phoo @ Feb. 25 2006,22:58)
It would really be nice if “politically outspoken” didn’t mean “terrorist supporter” or worse “possible terrorist threat”. That belief is downright anti-american (from my american point of view).

These last few years will be looked back on in history as prime examples of why we need a balance of power. When any one political group holds all the strings they can make the puppets go wherever they want.

The same thing would happen if the left was in control, though the actions would be different, obviously.

That’s not good for the country or world as a whole. Imagine what it would have been like if the Southern Democrats (George Wallace, Strom Thrumond, etc) had won majorities in all branches back in the middle to late sixties.

Those “Southern Democrats” became the current GOP. Alot of older Republicans (like my mom) don’t get that. They believe their party is the same party they joined in their youth.

KF

Yeah, I saw Rollins at the Big Day Out. His spoken word was awesome. What was he doing? Inciting us to vote Howard out - oh Rollins is so nasty.