Must have toy

Google Earth.

I assume everyone who has Google as their home page has D/L’ed this freebie by now.

The 3D rendering of mountains is very good, and very fast.

I can now stand in the crater of Mt St Hellens, run Guitar Rig, hit an E5+b13, and feel that lava cap really start to bulge! :D

I missed it. :( Do you have a link?

Yup. :)

here

(I cheated, I used Google to find it! :D)

PS, you need a fast cable connection to use it effectively, (which sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t) and a half decent graphics card. I’ve only got a £25 Radeon 7000, but that works very well.

It was only over a month ago that that I finally decided to download it and give it a spin, mainly because there was some news at the time about NASA including Moon maps in their own “Earth” product, called WorldWind, and I wanted to compare them (I like Google Earth better). It’s like the ultimate globe. After getting driving directions, you can set it up to “drive” the recommended route (actually it’s more of a low-altitude flight than a drive, but it’s close enough to get the idea). I also like the path measurement tools. Not bad for “free”! :)

(Edit: Oh yeah, here’s the World Wind link for the interested.)
Tony

Quote (Ali_G @ Dec. 13 2005,18:44)
I assume everyone who has Google as their home page has D/L'ed this freebie by now.

The 3D rendering of mountains is very good, and very fast.

I can now stand in the crater of Mt St Hellens, run Guitar Rig, hit an E5+b13, and feel that lava cap really start to bulge! :D

Sorry it took me so long to notice, but an E5+ b13 is redundant. The sharp 5th and the b13th are the same note. Now an E5+ b9 is a favorite of mine and adds lots of tension before resolving to a minor 1 chord (A minor in this case).

About the Google earth... it is a blast...thanks.

Eyup!

Google Earth is fantastic!
You can even get overlays of the entire solar system.
I already staked out my ranch on Pluto :D

Steve

Quote (Beefy Steve @ Dec. 15 2005,10:33)
Eyup!

Google Earth is fantastic!
You can even get overlays of the entire solar system.
I already staked out my ranch on Pluto :D

Steve

I'm gonna build an "amp" farm on Io and beam the power back to Earth. Oil? Who needs oil? :D :D

TG -- attempting to solve few "minor" technical difficulties... :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Sorry it took me so long to notice, but an E5+ b13 is redundant. The sharp 5th and the b13th are the same note. Now an E5+ b9 is a favorite of mine and adds lots of tension before resolving to a minor 1 chord (A minor in this case).

The “+” is not meant to indicate an augmented 5th, but rather an added 13th to the basic E5 power “chord”.

So, to used American notation; E5 add b13. :D

PS, and it’s that semi-tone dissonance the 5th and b13 that makes the lava grumble. :D

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 15 2005,12:58)
PS, and it’s that semi-tone dissonance the 5th and b13 that makes the lava grumble. :D

With enough volume, it can cause er… um… colonic “events” as well! :D That’s where the saying “That geetar player knows his s#$t!” came from…

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

That’s where the saying “That geetar player knows his s#$t!” came from…

:D :D :D :D :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

With enough volume, it can cause er… um… colonic “events” as well!

http://www.meyersound.com.au/brownnote.shtm

For the record, he didn’t crap his pants! I think he probably should have been a bit closer to let the wave form.