My 3rd Album is now mastered. Artist wanted

Looking for someone to do Album cover.

I’m proud to announce that my 3rd album (Heroin Hotel) is now mastered, (sounds OK in my car) :D

I’m looking to see if anybody is interested in doing my album cover/disk.

Here’s a pick of what I’m looking for,

perhaps someone out there can do a little better. PM me if you got something done thats fits what I’m doing, pencil works is cool, with black and red. The name fonts (The George Stanley Band) are already done so it’s just the image which will sit on the front cover and the center of my disk, is what I’m looking for. I’ll make sure to give you full credit for it. Anybody interested? Black, white and red is fine, pencil or computer generated is ok.

PACO

I dont know man, I imagine some imagery that would be a little more suggestive than that, first I’m interested in hearing at least a little of it so that the sound matches the image. I remember some of your other tracks. What’s this stuff like, can you post some samples? I just see that and think, you can do better. Something blurry, obscure, weirder and more psychodelic without being comic bookish. Just the title and what I 've heard of your stuff I would say that there is great value in an image that leaves more to the imagination. Something that is vague enough to be left up to the individual to interpret. Something that bothers you and interests you at the same time. If I could hear your stuff a bit, a few shortened samples even, I could put together some quality stuff for you. Hit me up man! Just trying to help, OK? You know, offering an alternative objective perspective.

Ummm… no. Not me. I don’t do “Nightmare on Paco Street”! :laugh:

D

Heroin isn’t a psychedelic, it’s more of a take down (downer).
Think poco’s right with the melting text.
Darn that’s a bad subject but someone has to do it I guess, are you expecting to sell any cuts?
Sorry I don’t mean to be brash but I’m just wondering who would buy songs about that evil stuff?

Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 01 2009, 9:16 PM)

Heroin isn't a psychedelic, it's more of a take down (downer). Think poco's right with the melting text. Darn that's a bad subject but someone has to do it I guess, are you expecting to sell any cuts? Sorry I don't mean to be brash but I'm just wondering who would buy songs about that evil stuff?

Thanks for the replies,

Perhaps a little background on the album. Last year, my last album was all over the place, blues, rock, slow stuff, hillbilly rock as some said, no real theme, so this year I decided to follow a theme. The theme was is based on a documentary on heroin addicts in Holland. I was amazed on how these poor soles could get hooked so bad. Even then, I still wasn't going to go with that theme, but then a few nights later I had one crazy screwed up dream. It was after that dream about a house for heroin addicts that I decided to do the album. I felt I could write about the addictions and life styles heroin addicts live. There is some personal experience as well, even though I never did heroin when I was a teenager.

I'm not expecting to make any sales. I do this for fun as my hobby to share with family and friends.

The music is not hard rock or dismal or depressing but lively, easy rock and is punchy with good rhythm and collective leads, with vocals telling the story. Songs like "Sweet Syringe", "Jump" come to mind as favorites to me.

The album cover I think is spot on, a run down old wooden Hotel in a dilapidated state with a syringe sticking in the roof or through the entire building with blood draining out the front door and off the tip of the syringe with some spaced out people out front is what I envision as the cover.

Although I'm inclined to release a few songs on my soundclick page and even here as a taste, I really want it to be a surprise, I took an entire year to make this happen so perhaps you could patronize me a little and let me keep it surprise.

I look forward to any artist/graphic contributions that fit into my idea for the album cover/disk.

Thank you all for your comments.

PACO
Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 01 2009, 9:16 PM)

Sorry I don't mean to be brash but I'm just wondering who would buy songs about that evil stuff?

Anyone who ever bought a Stones or James Taylor record.

James Taylor
:laugh:
There ya go poco.

Hey Poco, that isn’t edward scissor hands is it?
Don’t think JD would want to be even remotely slightly or suggestively related to
h e r o r i n.
Your just using that to suggest what you wan’t right? yOU SHOULD GO TO THE PHOTO SHOP FORUM
:D i’M NOT shouting, this laptop, one has to use perfect posture for it to work right!

Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 02 2009, 11:09 AM)

James Taylor :laugh: There ya go poco.

Hey Poco, that isn't edward scissor hands is it? Don't think JD would want to be even remotely slightly or suggestively related to h e r o r i n. Your just using that to suggest what you wan't right? yOU SHOULD GO TO THE PHOTO SHOP FORUM :D i'M NOT shouting, this laptop, one has to use perfect posture for it to work right!

I found the image on the net. I think it's Edward but I must say, it's one spaced out looking dude. I used it as an example here. I have no plans to use it.

PACO

That is a perfect picture for your project.

Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 02 2009, 12:00 PM)

That is a perfect picture for your project.

I wish it was, I've just been told it's a Tim Burton image, the spaced out dude, and is copy righted, so I can't use it. Oh well.

PACO

How about this brain with that needle stickin in it? This could probably get you copyright problems to.

How about just a brain with a stockin cap on and that needle stickin right in it!

Quote: (Diogesneez @ Sep. 01 2009, 8:31 PM)

Ummm... no. Not me. I don't do "Nightmare on Paco Street"! :laugh:

D

Dubious probably has a pic of one of his subjects that you could barrow :D

Oh herion hotel

Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 02 2009, 4:11 PM)

Oh herion hotel

What I'm really looking for is pencil drawing with white back ground, following the theme I've mentioned. I like the "homer", I used to use that as my avatar, but that was years ago. Thanks Levi for your input.

PACO

that pink door with the heart and ‘pain’ nails it.

i know that’s not what you’re looking for.
but it’s a poignant pic nonetheless.

james taylor be da debbil.
:cool:
that’s why he’s so popular (i likes him too).

the shooting up pic wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t a family member.
i’m sure it’s one of 'em.
there are so many eligible ones to choose from!

I can help you poco.
go to google and put shanny house or 2 story house with porch or western style house or what ever it is that your looking for.
After it searches, click on the image link at the top of the page and look through the images.
When you find one your looking for save the link here.
I’LL GET THE IMAGE AND TURN IT INTO A SKETCH.
iT WILL COST YOU $1,000 BUCKS WHEN YOUR RICH AND FAMOUS.
fORGET THE FAMOUS, JUST WHEN YOUR RICH
:laugh:

Quote: (Levi @ Sep. 03 2009, 12:41 AM)

I can help you poco. go to google and put shanny house or 2 story house with porch or western style house or what ever it is that your looking for. After it searches, click on the image link at the top of the page and look through the images. When you find one your looking for save the link here. I'LL GET THE IMAGE AND TURN IT INTO A SKETCH. iT WILL COST YOU $1,000 BUCKS WHEN YOUR RICH AND FAMOUS. fORGET THE FAMOUS, JUST WHEN YOUR RICH :laugh:

Ok Levi, I'll bite. It's late here right now so I'll find something suitable and send you the link. If anybody else wishes to contribute sketches of freaky looking people, trees, syringes, hotel signs or anything that might fit in the scheme of things, buy all means, this is welcome too.

Thanks,
PACO

Here’s a place that would be good. I’ve been told I can use the Tim Burton template image but it has to be drawn up by someone else (anybody) then I can use it, the long nails can go. A big syringe sticking in the roof and then out the side of it dripping blood or black stuff and a tree and some spaced out looking people. On a white back ground.

http://kumo.typepad.jp/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/14/dscf1355_2.jpg

Thanks Levi,
PACO

yea that’s perfect