My Favorite Song of ALL time!

The misses and I were sitting around choosing songs for our new iPhones we got for our birthdays (awesome gifts from awesome kids) when she asked me “Do you know my favorite song of all time?” I only missed it by two tries.

So - What is your favorite song of all time? It’s tough to say ain’t it? Was for me.

"Amazing Grace"

Easy choice… Probably seems like an odd choice for a rock n’ roller, Rush-head, geetar wanker huh? :)

It’s the most awesome song ever written.
:agree:

D

PS It’s also a great fretboard learning tool. I’ve had to play it every key known to man! LOL…

One of mine too Amazing Grace

My all time Fav though has gotta be Yesterday. My wife’s is In My Life (my first guess was Freebird.)

It’s weird Poppa… as a youngster, even before I knew what “Amazing Grace” was all about, I was drawn to it like a monkey to a sack o’ nanner’s… I don’t have it on me iPod though…

FREEBIRD!!! As in Skynyrd? Oh brother… no offense to your dear wife, but if I NEVER hear Freebird again it’ll be too soon. :laugh: You gotta remember where I live right? Every radio station for three states in every direction had “Freebird” and “Sweet Home Alabama” playing every ten minutes for about fifteen years!! Skynyrd’s EXCELLENT lesser known stuff went largely ignored.

I LOVE Cheesecake… but I can’t eat it every ten minutes for fifteen years! LOL!!

D

Yea D - I picked her up in Nashville in the mid 70’s - so she gets a pass…
It’s a family joke now - my son’s first comment when he gave her her phone was - Now you can get a Freebird ringtone mom… :laugh:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 28 2008, 11:59 AM)

Yea D - I picked her up in Nashville in the mid 70's - so she gets a pass.........
It's a family joke now - my son's first comment when he gave her her phone was - Now you can get a Freebird ringtone mom... :laugh:

Well, she is bound to be a keeper then!!
:agree:

My cell phone sounds like err... a phone. I have it set to ring like the old rotary dial Western Electric Model 500. 90 Volt AC "Clapper" style ringer... They sold/installed MILLIONS of those things.

One of the guys here at work was showing me his new Blackberry...

"Look, it has a web browser!"
"I can get my email on it!"
"I can get GPS maps!!"
"I have The White Album on it!!"
"It slices! It dices!"
"It makes Julienne fries!!"

Can you make phone calls?

"Err... maybe? I ain't figgered that out yet..."
:laugh:

D

Thanks for putting that photo up on that page…
My Mother faithfully collected all that stuff over the years and then I went and forgot about just where I put it…
If I told her that I lost all her work, she probably wouldn’t remember what it was I lost, anyway… It’s so sad…
you guys…

If you’re talking memorable songs, I’d have to say that anything that came out of the RCA “B” Studio that was produced by Owen Bradley and his Brother… (I can’t remember his name, right now)…
AND…
anything written by Harland Howard and Buck Owens and Don Rich… Buck and Don
represent a West Coast flavor…

The standards that some of these guys set are still not being surpassed…
It’s their ability to tell stories about everyday people in their lyrics…

Now doesn’t that date me…
:p
:laugh: ????

Bill…

p.s.
My phone got one of those cranks on the side of it…
If I touch any of the wires connecting to it (when I’m using the Crank) I can get a awful Bite from it…
It connects to an operator girl over in the Big City…
When I tell her I’m hookin my puter up to it…
she knows I’m wanting to chinwag over on the n-Track Board…
:whistle:

Geez, I can’t narrow it down. OK if we put up a few contenders rather than just one?

‘Ships’… by Big Country (From the album ‘The Buffalo Skinners’)

Stuart Adamson meant more to me as a songwriter than most of my influences.

I don’t have a ready answer for this one. I’ve also avoided getting a cell phone up till now, so I don’t have to worry about ringtones. The mention of Amazing Grace did get me thinking though. I might have to divide things into songs I like to sing, and songs I like to listen to. There are a lot of hymns that really feel good to sing, and I find myself humming to myself at times, but I don’t ever recall wanting to listen to a recording of them. Is that weird? Anyway, I’ll have to think about the favorite song thing.

Quote:

There are a lot of hymns that really feel good to sing, and I find myself humming to myself at times, but I don't ever recall wanting to listen to a recording of them. Is that weird?

Well Kev, if that is "weird"... put me down on the "weird" list too eh? :)

D

Let me find a pen and paper.

'Tears in heaven, Eric Clapton’

simply beautiful.

Harold

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

T & Kev - good points - my favorite song I like to just listen to is Bobby Bare’s “New Cut Road” written by Guy Clark - I think I identify with that tune regarding life more than any other song I know of.

So think it over and post a few!

Harold?

Rainbow is in my top 5 Yaz…

Ange - you tryin’ to make me cry like a baby again ain’t ya… :whistle:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 28 2008, 11:39 AM)

My wife's is In My Life

Since being a child this song has been my all time favourite.

Sometimes I can cry listening to it.
Quote:

Owen Bradley and his Brother.. (I can't remember his name, right now)...

Harold

:)

As You Said
If I Fell
Dance On A Volcano
Wonderous Stories

My choices are kind of obscure, except one. Who did 'em?