I win an autographed broken stick?

Theme from 'summer place’
always makes me feel good.
The history is - they thought it was a flop,
to simple, but I really like it.

oh yea - wanna dance?

OK - but I have to tell you I’m involved

Ah man - all the good ones are takin’

Back when I was really young and had only heard about 30 songs, this would have been easy…sort of…(bring it on home, fever, everybody’s had the blues, etc…)

Then the Beatles came around along with all of the other great bands, the years passed and now I have so many all time favorites I guess I just can’t pick.
You can tell by the songs I record of myself…they’re all covers…

“In My Life” (Steve Stills version is right up there…)

cliff

P.S.
My wife and I and lots of our friends play a wierd little game too…

Name a band you really like and are embarrassed to admit it…ha ha
(abba)
she secretly likes Marilyn Manson (beautiful people)- music, not him…
Then when someone names one, they have to play a sample…

See.Harold… There’s been lots of history around that Studio and how it came into being… They may not have been the easiest outfit to work for… However, their music-and-ideas were easy for the average hard-working people across the country to identify, with… The stories of how the place worked are well identified… I don’t think you went in with any ideas of how you wanted your tracks done… There was a definite receipt of how the end product got completed… Stories I’ve heard are… Once the sweet spots were found for the different instruments used in the tracking sessions you didn’t go into the studio and tell them where you decided you wanted to set-up… If you did… you didn’t get back there again… AND… you didn’t show up late… I heard many stories about that place… Were they all true… ????

Bill…

OK - I’ve figured it out - my favorite song is the last song I wrote - at any given time - is that bad?
Egotistical?

:laugh:

Also anything by JDET or Ange right now.

But there are some songs that have stuck with me over the years:

1. Nearly everything on the first two Big Star albums.

2. “Left of the Dial” and many others by the Replacements.
3. Nearly everything from London Calling.
4. Lots of songs by The Jam
5. Everything on Armed Forces
6. Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields - the greatest single ever in the history of everything everywhere and anywhere.

Ack…the list goes on…I’m trying to narrow it down…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Aug. 28 2008, 11:39 AM)

One of mine too Amazing Grace

My all time Fav though has gotta be Yesterday. My wife's is In My Life (my first guess was Freebird.)

Gave that a listen today Tommy... Nice, very nice... :agree: Almost had me ballin' there for a minute... :)

D

I’ll go along with Tom. Whatever I’m working on at the time (if I am - these days I’m not)

If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life it’d probably be The Who’s “Bargain”. IMO it’s got EVERYthing. Great songwriting, lyrics, performances, production, you name it.

Dunno 'bout the US but it hasn’t even been destroyed by classic rock radio overe here.

Quote: (teryeah @ Aug. 29 2008, 5:01 PM)

I'll go along with Tom. Whatever I'm working on at the time (if I am - these days I'm not)

If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life it'd probably be The Who's "Bargain". IMO it's got EVERYthing. Great songwriting, lyrics, performances, production, you name it.

Dunno 'bout the US but it hasn't even been destroyed by classic rock radio overe here.

Yes - corporate mass ownership and no creative programming.

(Cue Elvis Costello's "Radio Radio")
Quote:

Gave that a listen today Tommy... Nice, very nice...
:agree:
Almost had me ballin' there for a minute... :)

One take, one day when I was feeling very weepy myself.

TomS - I don't think I know who half your list is. I need to get out more.

S’OK, Tommy, it’s all really old stuff now.

But when it was new, it was really new!

OK, I got it down to two:

(I don’t want to go to) Chelsea by the King of Sing

2+2 = ? by Dee-troit’s own Rocking Bob

OK, sort of kidding about the second one.

???

#2 Old Shep

Old Shep - now I’m gonna cry for sure! - Thought you was 'spose to be nice today!

I’m trying really really hard to be good Tommy.

My Mother would sing that song years and years ago, made bawl like a baby! Still one of my favs.

#3 Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas