My first completed recording of the new year

Been working on something the past couple of days, and I guess I needed a break from it. This morning, as I drank my coffee and attempted to wake up, I got this little bass thing in my head, and decided to have some fun.

A New Year’s Weekend Misspent

Sounds WELL spent to me Kev! Good stuff! :agree:

I like this kind of thing. Good to jam on… :agree:

D

That’s so close to jazz if it were any closer it’d be on the other side. :agree:

Great bass. What is that? (Great other stuff too.)

Keep drinking coffee, look what happened! Very nice, perfect reverb on the drums, that Ibanez sounds classic, mellow and clean.

You’re just an all around great picker Kevin! Very nice, and I’m one of those guys that has never understood or enjoyed jazz. Honest enough to admit though. This is great playin though.

Quote:

Great bass.
What is that?

It's acoustic bass samples from Wizoo Sound. I bought VSampler during the last summer olympics. It was half price as long as the german soccer team was still playing. Since then, I've picked up a few different sample sets to use with it, with varying degrees of success. The Jazz Drums are from Wizoo as well.

Quote:

Very nice, and I'm one of those guys that has never understood or enjoyed jazz.

I don't claim to understand jazz myself. There's a jazz radio station in Murfreesboro I listen to on and off. Some of it I like, some of it I don't. There are some exceptionally good musicians playing it though. I don't know enough jazz chords or scales to keep up with those guys. (If I hit something that doesn't sound right, I move on to another note.)

Quote:

Keep drinking coffee, look what happened!

And I thought it all had to do with what side of the bed I got out of.
:laugh:

Quote:

I like this kind of thing. Good to jam on... :agree:

I'll have to drink more coffee before I try another one.