my home recordings

check out some samples of my work

my little studio

all songs are orignal except the one me and my sister played & recorded

Good stuff, I checked out about 4 or 5. I liked Broken and Good Friends especially. Good quality too!

:D

Thanks! i try to record all of my stuff at 24bit/96k and then downsample them to mp3-192kbs.

Quote (studiofat @ July 17 2005,14:43)
Thanks! i try to record all of my stuff at 24bit/96k and then downsample them to mp3-192kbs.

Oh yeah, I actually meant "good quality" to say it is very well produced.

But I gotcha! :D

thanks its cool to know that people like my stuff. broken was written by my best friend. and good friends was written by bro-in-law

Anybody else interested in commenting???

i just grabbed a couple at random, including “monica’s song.”

not to be unsupportive, but may want to spend a little time re-writing here. phrases like “keep (whatever) in our hearts,” and “you’ll always be remembered” are so overused that they don’t carry much weight.

it’s like when people say, “how’s it goin’” or whatever … most of the time, they don’t really care how you are; it’s just a way to say “hi.” if your song is about something you feel deeply about, it’s good to find a way to talk about it that will really arrest and interest the listener. otherwise, the vocals are just sorta background noise, ya know?

modern poetry is a good way to see how people say everyday things (i miss you, i love you, i’m sad, &c.) in extraordinary ways. hit poets.org for a bazillion amazing writers.

on the music side, you might want to check out mountain goats and bonnie prince billy. both writers have a real gift for saying ordinary things in exciting ways.

good luck with everything, and keep at it!

andre

thanks for commenting, yeah “monicas song” isn’t really my best recording and it is kinda old and it deffinetly needs to be recorded again.