My new toy is on it's way

Line6 Floor Pod Plus

Anyone else use it?
I’m going to line6’s website to find the software supposedly to be able to download patches for it.

Nice tool PW.
I use a Digitech but will probably switch to a line6 someday. I know that you’ll love it!
Smart move,
Levi :)

Hmmmm? Wonder if it has a blues button on it? :O

I sold both my Digitechs and a lot of other gear to get it.

Don’t need no button for blues - you got 'em or ya ain’t. :slight_smile:

Well this toy was a bit of a let down. Usually presets are a great place to start, but with this unit the best place to start is dumping ALL the presets. Does line6 think all guitar players want is noise?

The amp models are real nice, but it’s going to takes weeks of twang, tweak - twang, tweak - twang, tweak to get the 6 - 8 sounds I usually like to have ‘on hand’ or foot in this case.

oh well - live and learn…

Do you lose pre-sets when you power off?

No - It saves then ok - I now have 3 I like - it stores 124.

So the score is Poppa 3, Line6 121

:cool:

I’m used to those kind of scores - being a Redskins fan
:laugh:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 20 2008, 6:07 PM)

Well this toy was a bit of a let down. Usually presets are a great place to start, but with this unit the best place to start is dumping ALL the presets. Does line6 think all guitar players want is noise?

The amp models are real nice, but it's going to takes weeks of twang, tweak - twang, tweak - twang, tweak to get the 6 - 8 sounds I usually like to have 'on hand' or foot in this case.

I TOLD yun's... now who is the hard head? :laugh:

I have an XT Live and like you PW, I was initially let down. Now I love it. Not as much as a real amp mind you, but it's GREAT for what I need it to do. Give it some time... work out YOUR sound. The presets are hooey for the most part.

I just came back from our big worship night at church. I carried my 'bucker Strat and the Gretsch. At the end of our warm up, I just had an "urge" to play the Gretsch. I loved it! Played it through the whole set list. I could go from heavy crunch to screaming meemie to smooth rhythm with a flick of the toggle switch from bridge to both p'ups or just rolling the volume back a tad. The response to picking dynamics are just awesome. It cleans up better than the Strat. Got me a new favorite axe I think... :agree:

D

Don’t get me wrong - I like the sounds I spent 2 hours getting today. It’s just the presets are a total waste. And half the effects. I need a nice clean stereo chorus, delay, little drive, little flange now and then and that’s about it. I like to switch sounds often so I think I have my pedal structure worked out for what I like and a programming plan for next week. Even thinking about going to all stomp boxes I’m looking at what $400 in separate boxes minimal? It’s just way too much on the bell and whistle side… I’ll get it down though.

A word about Presets . . . .

"CRAP"

Nuff Said :cool:

I’m usually all about the presets - great places to start - great to pull up something quick that’s close to what you wanna hear. But 30 or so insanefullstacksuperdooperautowahreversedelaysweepinggrungecrunchers ?
What’s the point?
Makes me realize that I am not the market this unit was made for. If I was I’d be living at home with mom and dad calling all my stoner buds sayin’ “Dude, you gotta come over and hear my new box my mom bought for me man.”

There is no ol’fart presets anymore Poppa, ya gotta be a kid!

“Hey this sounds cool and covers up my inability to play!” :laugh:

Quote:

insanefullstacksuperdooperautowahreversedelaysweepinggrungecrunchers ?

Heh-heh... yep. That about sums it up!

How many "Star" preset makers do you think actually use "insanefullstacksuperdooperautowahreversedelaysweepinggrungecrunchers ?" Not very many I'd bet.

D

Digitech RP10 (is that getting too old?), I have 4 programs total, using the individual step ons for cutting on/off delay, flange/chorus, reverb.

K.I.S.S. :laugh:

or use the Gonzo Ted settings of “Wankmecrankmeinthemorningthankme”

That gets right to the issue …
No Shortcuts…
:laugh:

Is that One spoon…
or Two…
????

Leonard was a One Take kindda guy…

Something like… [ME]>
If we
can do that line again …
do you think we might try it with no effects…
????

[Leonard]>

“NO…
IT’s DONE”

or…
Whattta Mean…
?

Bill…

We drive by there, on the run, everyday…
The property is sold…
the closing is the end of the month…
The widow is struggling with her health…
It’s so sad…

Keep this alive PW. Want to know your impressions. Can it withstand some real foot stompin? Will it fit in a bread box? Does it take visa or give change? :laugh:

I gave it a good going over today - brought it home from church to fine tune - finally found another picker in town I trust to play it while I listen on the PA and tweak. It’s useless to think you can get the sounds the way you want with headphones or on home speakers. It’s a start though. Oh and last week I got a look at a home built “Tube Screamer” I may also start making.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Sep. 28 2008, 9:49 PM)

I gave it a good going over today - brought it home from church to fine tune - finally found another picker in town I trust to play it while I listen on the PA and tweak. It's useless to think you can get the sounds the way you want with headphones or on home speakers. It's a start though. Oh and last week I got a look at a home built "Tube Screamer" I may also start making.

Having a test driver is a great way to do it!