My Valentine's Day Submission

I shouldn’t have :wink:

Not sure if I’ll keep this on Soundclick long, because it’s a co-write, and the other writers plan to pitch it to someone. (Don’t ask, 'cause I don’t know.) Just the irony of spending today of all days recording this made me have to share it.

Happy Valentine’s Day

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

I loved it Kevin! Loved the lyrics!
Very "Steely Dan Ish" with the beat and chord changes. Great job!

Sounds like a pretty good piece of uptempo blues to me Kev. Got a really nice groove going on there. Like the position of the vocals in the mix. Nice performance all round. Like the solo a lot, it’s nice when people have learned so much that they know that the spaces in the solo are as important as the notes.
Great stuff Kevin! :agree: :agree:

Same here Kevin… Nice demo!

Thanks for the kind comments. I thought about taking another stab at the vocals, but got bored/busy/lazy/whatever. It got me thinking: Do you/should you put as much effort, or take as much pride, in something like a songwriter demo as you do in something more personally important to you? Too often, I let things go that I know I could have done better. The flip side of that is I’ll never get it as good as I feel like I could. Oh well.

song demos - man I wish I knew the answer to that one Kevin. I spent over 12 years in Nashville listening to and making demos… Some say if you’re worried about the demo then the ‘song’ isn’t there in the first place, others swear by Guitar/vocal Piano/vocal only demos. Others full blown production demos, all with success to back their arguments. I’ve always believed if the song was there the demo would succeed whatever it was. Depends too on who the pitch is going to. A song oriented producer, or a publishing rep? Hard for me to say - what success I had was a direct result of writing for or with an artist, and having an ‘in’.
I always kept my demos minimal though.

Hey Kev, I can relate to that! :agree:

Good luck with the pitch.

Priceless information from Tommy again there too.

Cool tune. Like the piano on the left and organ on the right, really gives a sense of space.

Duff

Quote:

ditto that.

great tune :agree:

Ange x
Quote: (ange @ Feb. 20 2009, 12:06 PM)

Quote:

ditto that.

great tune
:agree:

Ange x

??? If you look Hardy enough, everything is nice and groovy!
Quote:

??? If you look Hardy enough, everything is nice and groovy!

:laugh:

Guess I'm so used to typing 'Hardy' that I did it on auto pilot...

it was meant to say " if you look hard enough, every thing's kinda blurry!" but then I realised that everything was kinda blurry because I was kinda not wearing my glasses. :laugh:

Ange x