N-Drums and MIDI

Thanks, DavidV. Thanks for discovering that typo in the manual… ??? I’ll give it a try when I get home! (Times like this, I wish I could install N-Track on my computer at work!! :( )

Just to be clear – did you just put in a single MIDI note on the piano roll at the point where you wanted the pattern to change? Like a C3 at the start to use pattern “A”, then after 12 bars, a D3 to trigger pattern “C” for 4 bars, then a C3 again to return to pattern “A,” etc? Or is there more to it than that?

Sloom – if this works, it shouldn’t be all that tedious at all. You should be able to use the built in patterns, modify them a little to make them your own, save them, then trigger changes with a very simple piano roll (as described above). And if you have a keyboard, you should be able to write the piano roll in real time by hitting keys, which should at least feel a little like making music… :laugh:

Oh, and I don’t think I bought a virtual round for either of you, so here you are:

PR

I haven’t done too much with it yet. But yes that is pretty much what I did, a single note at the start of a bar where I wanted the pattern to change.

Don’t forget to set the MIDI track’s channel to 16.

Quote (PapaRomeo @ April 13 2006,09:38)
Sloom – if this works, it shouldn’t be all that tedious at all. You should be able to use the built in patterns, modify them a little to make them your own, save them, then trigger changes with a very simple piano roll (as described above). And if you have a keyboard, you should be able to write the piano roll in real time by hitting keys, which should at least feel a little like making music… :laugh:

Oh, and I don’t think I bought a virtual round for either of you, so here you are:

PR

Thanks, Paps!

I’ve foregone the keyboard (no use trying to fool myself!), but if I get time I’ll give that a try. This weekend might open up an opportunity. Got all the notes here… thanks for the tutorials everybody!

I sure do say ‘thanks’ a lot around here. What a virtual leech.

It works!!
Thanks everyone. Lots of work to do to make actual songs, but now I have the pieces I need.

Thanks everyone!

(feel free to stick around and finish the beer) :laugh:

Uuuuurrrppp!!.. Aaaahhhhhh. Awesome.

Good going, Papa. Go write!! :)