N-track!My Favorite Forum

just wondering about the demographic

you know,i’ve been reading and posting here for a few years now,i have to say this is my favorite forum.it’s unlike anywhere i go on the net.i’ve learned so much-like:
Neil Young Is an aging hippie making a buck off the war…
Upon further listening,much of the classic music of the 60s
is crap,and the carpenters sound good now…
the war in Iraq is wrong,but scince we’re there,all is justified…
(not to even include the personal lesson that i am a "blind bigot"because i refuse to accept that some killing and some war is justified)(heavy)
i suppose twin towers fell from the airplane strike,huh?
i just don’t get this stuff anywhere else…
for real,the tech stuff is great,and i’ve heard alot of very good music here…but i’m always blown away by the OT stuff
Thanks to bobblais,peace officer bill and many others!I’ll be reading along…

Hey audiobru,

This is one of my favorite places to hang also… I never cease to be amazed as to the cross-section we get of views here. One person may insist that dinosaurs and man lived during the same time 6000 years ago and another person will insist that we do not exist right now. Ya gotta love it…
:;):

Dr G,
Unique-i’ve always appreciated your input here ,doc-not that many Quaker rockers out there!

How about klemma rock? :)

Dinosaurs ate president Bush in his first term and everthing that has happened since is a hollywood plot to get Neil Young in the White House. I can prove it.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Rove Informs White House He Will Be Indicted
By Jason Leopold
t r u t h o u t | Report

Friday 12 May 2006

Within the last week, Karl Rove told President Bush and Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten, as well as a few other high level administration officials, that he will be indicted in the CIA leak case and will immediately resign his White House job when the special counsel publicly announces the charges against him, according to sources.

Details of Rove’s discussions with the president and Bolten have spread through the corridors of the White House where low-level staffers and senior officials were trying to determine how the indictment would impact an administration that has been mired in a number of high-profile political scandals for nearly a year, said a half-dozen White House aides and two senior officials who work at the Republican National Committee.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/051206Y.shtml

Forgive me, it’s the only place I could post this. :)

And the house of cards slowly, slowly comes tumbling down…

Yep, gotta love those Carpenters.
:) :)

Toms -great stuff!klemma rocks!
it’s just what Malcom X said;chickens come home to roost…
i can’t worry about the dinosaurs,i’m too busy fearing the terrorists,the bird flu,and the immigrants like my government wants me to :D

www.fromthewilderness.com/

If you ask me, the Carpenters never sound good. Never, never, never. Neither does Yes (except I have a sort of perverted thing for “Owner of the Lonely Heart”, but that doesn’t sound like real Yes, does it? :laugh: ) I like Ramones, but I still prefer the Clash.

As for US internal politics and their external consequences, I prefer to remain silent.:open_mouth:

Quote (TomS in Canada @ May 12 2006,22:15)
snip

Yo Tom - where are you in Canuck-ville?

Oh, we forgot about the holy rollers who da^m everyone to he[[…only to be celebrated by a jesting crew who needed something to do.
And the ones who offer grace…who are justly crucified for annoying the athiest. :laugh:

Peace be with you all,

jerm :cool:

huh? i have no idea what that even means-further demonstrating the splendid diversity here,all points of view and then some…

re:messianic ideation

Quote (BillClarke @ May 13 2006,16:26)
Quote (TomS in Canada @ May 12 2006,22:15)
snip

Yo Tom - where are you in Canuck-ville?

London, visiting the in-laws for mother's day. :)

What a great city. :D
Quote (TomS @ May 14 2006,10:48)
Yo Tom - where are you in Canuck-ville?[/quote]
London, visiting the in-laws for mother's day. :)

What a great city. :D

You're less than an hour away from me, then.

Yeah London is great, especially this time of year - so many trees. I worked a project in London a few years ago and I always enjoyed the drive.

<!–QuoteBegin>

If you ask me, the Carpenters never sound good. Never, never, never

What! Not even Tony Peluso’s AWESOME solo on Goodbye to love?

Never??

Well I like this forum very much…if we could have coffee and donuts served it would be the cat’s ass, I’d never leave.

People let you bow out gracefully, if you give bad advice you are not prosecuted. Lot’s of people here from all walks of life who are mature enough to let people with differing opinions speak freely. Loads of great technical info…you can get all info as more reply to a post…questions answered quickly “cept my enquiry bout enforcer humbuckers”, and really impressed by some of the music here.

Tom if you want to visit a neat place in Canada go to Nova Scotia or come to the Yukon Territory then your close to Alaska.

yes,that’s been my experience,too-i’m working on a coffeemaker Vsti…so, is everyone here in Canada?Northern US?just curious…i haven’t seen so many Canadians scince i lived in Mexico…:smiley:

Stuh, you weren’t here when we had our really big blowouts - the name Mac comes to mind…

The folks who stuck around are mostly harmless, to borrow a phrase.

bru, I’m from Michigan, my wife was Canadian, she lost her citizenship when we married, rather a sacrifice I think.

Quote (TomS @ May 14 2006,03:57)
Stuh, you weren't here when we had our really big blowouts - the name Mac comes to mind...

bru, I'm from Michigan, my wife was Canadian, she lost her citizenship when we married, rather a sacrifice I think.

It's the guitar players who make this site!

Hmmm.........well.......that said it all!

KingFish
Quote (TomS @ May 14 2006,03:57)
Stuh, you weren't here when we had our really big blowouts - the name Mac comes to mind...

bru, I'm from Michigan, my wife was Canadian, she lost her citizenship when we married, rather a sacrifice I think.

Hmmmm......don't know why I quoted you in the last post.....

.......oh ya!.........Please don't use the "M" word!

KingFish

are you refering to Michigan???? LOL